Active runs hot?

Mangan

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
A couple of reviews states that the S4 active gets warm, almost hot to the touch, quite easily. Has anyone experienced this? And if so, does it matter if you turn wifi and/or datatraffic off? :-\

Mangan

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I dont have an active, but I am looking to buy one. I understand that it might get warm/hot when charging, but I am more curious about every day use.

2Tall_TityBoi

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
It has a slight heat, but it's mostly from your hands. It does get a bit hot when it's charging and you use it or if you're playing a graphics-intense game, but other than that it stays a safe, stable temperature.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have less problems with heat on my active than I have with any phone I've had over the last few years. Mines never even gotten slightly warm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

memo23

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Active and it's already going back the same day. It runs very hot and the battery drained half way through the day. I have been trying to set up the phone and have had several instances where the phone freezes and has even restarted itself on a few occasions. I haven't even had this phone a full 24 hours and it has been nothing but glitchy. The reception is drastically reduced as well. I had on average 4 bars in my house on my old phone and I go from no service to 1 bar on this phone. All in all I haven't been able to get apps without freezing issues. Texting is non existent as well. Every time I try to go to messaging the whole phone freezes and shuts down. Ironic that it's so hot to the touch when it freezes.

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Active and it's already going back the same day. It runs very hot and the battery drained half way through the day. I have been trying to set up the phone and have had several instances where the phone freezes and has even restarted itself on a few occasions. I haven't even had this phone a full 24 hours and it has been nothing but glitchy. The reception is drastically reduced as well. I had on average 4 bars in my house on my old phone and I go from no service to 1 bar on this phone. All in all I haven't been able to get apps without freezing issues. Texting is non existent as well. Every time I try to go to messaging the whole phone freezes and shuts down. Ironic that it's so hot to the touch when it freezes.
It sounds like you received a defective unit. Mine does run warm, but it definitely doesn't have the same issues yours does. I would return it for another one.

beantownes

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I use my phone constantly through the day. It will get warm when charging but under normal use it was fine. Don't look at just one thing to say no to the device. There are so many good qualities to this device that you would sell it short because it may get a little warm from charging. Show me a phone that doesn't.

Posted via Android Central App

memo23

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like you received a defective unit. Mine does run warm, but it definitely doesn't have the same issues yours does. I would return it for another one.

Returned the phone for a new one and this one is perfect. The Samsung rep was at BestBuy and opened the phone, looked very closely at it, smelled it and asked if I took it in the water. Nope. I am too scared to test out that feature just yet! But he said hot to the touch and issues I was having was definitely a defective phone. This one runs a little warm with constant use, but no different than any other phone I have used. No freezing, no locking, no auto restarting. This one runs fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay