Case statuses

themadprophet

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been writing to every maker of cases I can find. I've had responses from several. Otterbox said they have a Defender in development but no time line. Ballistic said they have some due the end of August. Luvvitt said they have several in development and a hard shell due next week!
Perhaps we can use this thread to centralize any information we collect on cases for our Actives and reviews of same. Better than all these threads asking the same question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been writing to every maker of cases I can find. I've had responses from several. Otterbox said they have a Defender in development but no time line. Ballistic said they have some due the end of August. Luvvitt said they have several in development and a hard shell due next week!
Perhaps we can use this thread to centralize any information we collect on cases for our Actives and reviews of same. Better than all these threads asking the same question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That's interesting. Per the Otterbox FB rep, they said they have no plans for a defender series case for the Active.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
This is bull****. Arguably the better version of the s4 and not one case in any of thr 5 stores I visited. I already drunk dropped it once and scrapped the bottom bezel all because I can't find a single case outside from those generic *** tou cases on amazon.

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I bought the active after it was on the market for three days. After a week I still had not taken it out of the house because I always put a case on before taking my phone out. I saw many preorders but nothing I could get in my hands before my 14 day return period was over. I ended up returning it. Maybe once the have some accessories out for it...

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
looks like Amazon is starting to roll out cases

Hyperion is coming out with one:

Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Matte Flexible TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S IV Active (Compatible with AT&T S4 Active SGH-I537 / And all International S 4 Active Models) **Hyperion Retail Packaging** [2 Year Warranty

I emailed them about the wrong photo in the ad. They said they are aware of the mistake but the cases are more or less the same for the Active. I ordered a clear and hope to see it here early next week. I'd love to see an Otterbox but as I said above...

krack3r

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
this lack of case thing seems to be a problem. my boss just switched us all to galaxy s4 actives as of thursday after being a loyal iphone using company since the release of the 3gs. today we went in to work to discuss our current project and as he sat down his phone fell from his pocket ( office chair hight about 2.5-3feet) and the glass is now in about 50 pieces. were all a bit disappointed as the AT&T website description clearly says built with rugged gorilla glass. At this point id have to say the first person to come up with a solid (life proof) case for a claimed to be Life proof phone would be sitting on a gold mine. btw Im new here obv just having gotten my new android product so hey all loving my new phone and looking to hear any tips and tricks yall can provide

frogstir

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Just got the Diztronic case in the mail today (matte grey). All of 20 mins of having it, seems pretty good. Nicely made with different textures, tolerances appear to be nicely done (a bit low around the top of the rear camera but testing shows it does not interfere), I like the "lip" on the screen side that raises the screen from laying completely flat on surfaces, cutouts nice and wide, molded volume rocker/power button work well, doesn't add too much thickness. Very simple, easy to put on, offers scratch protection at the least. No drop test...yet :-! I'd say not bad for $10 + s&h on eBay. Here are some pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    316.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    305.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    351.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 67

Dubg

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I would like to second the comments from frogstir. I don't think it is the best case in the world, but until somebody else comes out with something better I'll use this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The coming soon Hula on Casemate looks nice. I may have to give it a try once it drops.

For the interim, I bought a cheap TUDIA off Amazon. It was shipping DHL Global Mail, so it's coming from China. It arrived at USPS yesterday and is going USPS Parcel Post, so who knows when I'll see it, but I'll post about it when I can.

amylyn1970

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I will be getting the Active on August 1st. Can't wait. I found a case on Ebay & had to have it. I ordered the pink.

jugebuma.jpg

7yru6a8e.jpg

amylyn1970

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
looks cool! can you post pics and a review once you have it? i added it to ebay watch list too ;)

I sure will. Since it's coming from China it'll be a few weeks before I get it. Can't wait to get the phone too. August 1st is right around the corner but it seems so far away.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
They are pretty cool, but just too overly common. I see people with them all the time. Personally I have nothing against those people, I know I wouldn't want one though. I am the kind of person who pulls my phone out of my pocket and sees it immediately to check for messages and thats it. I think, as xm said, the flap would get in the way. Plus I tend to drop my phone pretty often, and need more protection than I do style. Basically if I drop my phone and it doesn't bounce at least half a foot in the air, then its not protected well enough :)

amylyn1970

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I personally like the design, that's why I ordered it. I'm looking forward to it. I keep my phone in a leather case on my side. I don't drop my phone too often so that's not a problem. I am around water quite a bit, so that's why I'm going to get the Active.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol