Please help... My Galaxy S4 won't let me enable Wi-Fi

David Serrano2

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Internal SD Memory the Path /data/misc/wifi/ the File named wpa_supplicant.conf is having issue.
Not going to guess what what was done on your side only that wifi cannot read that file so it just shuts off.
you need root to view this file, I suggest renaming it, reboot then enable wifi again and it will create a new one.
you will lose all saved passwords from the beginning of time but will be able to use wifi again.

So my Galaxy S4 was already rooted and It worked changed the name of the file restarted and wifi turned on best solution.

ibshopin

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading all the threads trying to find a solution and I was so hopeful when I saw someone had success today, so I found the wpa_supplicant.conf file and renamed it, rebooted and.... it didn't work.

I have a Galaxy S5 Sprint rooted, I didn't really notice it until I flash the MOAR Rom a few days ago. I don't know if this is where to problem started but I was getting the Signature Verification error and had a hard time getting past it. Finally had success and now I'm having this problem. Do you think it might be related.

I'm relatively new at all this. Any and all help is appreciated.

SigueSigue

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Ok not sure if this is the fix but it worked for me.

Remove any BT and WiFi file transfer apps not native to device . you can always add back in minutes. Look for anything that will access who and bt or even location modes NOT NATIVE to device.

Start with one least important.tirn off and back on.

I removed a bt file transfer and wifi app for file transfer

Removed otter box from around antanna ( not sure if this had any affect ) but you never know...

Just turn off and back on.

WiFi and BT back on!

Jake Covill

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I follow all of the steps you give, and i used Kingo to root and it says successful on my PC but when I go to delete the wpa_suppicant.conf my phone says I am not rooted. I when to play store and got root checker and it also says I am not rooted. Can you help me?

Thanks!

I followed steps 1-3 but when I try step 4 it says i am not rooted. Kingo says I am on my PC. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

notlocalhorst69

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I tried everything, battery, moving the wpa file, new firmware, new modem, nothing works.

Today at 4pm i noticed my webcam was on, which it does when my raspi can't find my phone via bluetooth. At this time it was charging and i wasn't working with it at all. BT was indeed off, and i couldn't turn it on again. Reboot, same. Wifi, same. Last time i updated was a month ago, no problems until today. Full wipe and installing an older backup, nothing. At this time the phone was constantly rebooting and i decided to install the latest stock rom. It actually worked, but no wifi/bt. Installed my previous rom again, works but again no wifi/bt.

I think my phone is broken ... maybe some who also couldn't solve it so far could check if bluetooth is also not working.

Sicky999

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I just solved this problem. I had exactly the same issue. I tryed to back up my phone, move my battery and lots of other things but it didn't work.. So i pulled out my SD card and now wifi works perfectly, but now I don't have SD in my phone. Hope it helped you :) try it :)

Daniel Cuesta

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
notlocalhorts69
I tried everything, battery, moving the wpa file, new firmware, new modem, nothing works.

Today at 4pm i noticed my webcam was on, which it does when my raspi can't find my phone via bluetooth. At this time it was charging and i wasn't working with it at all. BT was indeed off, and i couldn't turn it on again. Reboot, same. Wifi, same. Last time i updated was a month ago, no problems until today. Full wipe and installing an older backup, nothing. At this time the phone was constantly rebooting and i decided to install the latest stock rom. It actually worked, but no wifi/bt. Installed my previous rom again, works but again no wifi/bt.

I think my phone is broken ... maybe some who also couldn't solve it so far could check if bluetooth is also not working.

Man, any luck? I tried removing the file from wifi via root explorer, it worked for a while but the problem came back... any idea?
Thanks,

stofftier69

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
try to disassemble the device, you will find a blue wire going from the bottom to the top. Unplug and replug it. That might help to reanimate the wifi and usb functionality.
you could look here (german): ## fixxoo.de/teardown-samsung-galaxy-s4/

Sarwar Tanoli

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
1.dial *# 0011# press menu open wifi and off safe mood now chack on or not second option 2. open all nuts and just wash your mobile with thinner or petrol and give hot air or sun light then ON your mobile dial *# 0011# press menu and turn off your wifi safe mood now ON your wifi or bluetooth guarantee your wifi and bluetooth ON 100% nnnn

Reza Ibnu

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
My samsung galaxy s4 WiFi wont Actived, that because i installed a Proxy browser, so i uninstalled that browser and now my samsung WiFi "Come back to life"....

BelleD

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you to the person who suggested to hold down the power button and volume key when re-starting the phone. After trying 3 other suggestions before this and none of them worked. Something so simple was the answer! Thank you! :)

erandanirangana

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Please help... My Galaxy S4 wo'nt let me enable Wi-Fi

Internal SD Memory the Path /data/misc/wifi/ the File named wpa_supplicant.conf is having issue.
Not going to guess what what was done on your side only that wifi cannot read that file so it just shuts off.
you need root to view this file, I suggest renaming it, reboot then enable wifi again and it will create a new one.
you will lose all saved passwords from the beginning of time but will be able to use wifi again.

I did as mentioned above. But nothing happens. still I couldn't turning on my wifi. can you tell me what should i want to write when I rename it?

princekings373

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
hi i had faced the same issue
i tried everything changing software also but nothing helped me...
finally i found the solution
i changed the wifi antenna now everything is working fine...
Hope this will work for u

6 string fan

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
My wi-fi and bluetooth quit at the same time. I've read various 'fixes' for this problem but none have worked for me.
I removed battery while phone turned on.
I took my phone to Sprint and mentioned the antenna might need to be repaired, unplugged etc. and they tried that but failed.
I had them do factory re-install of the OS but that still failed. I have updated firmware, OS, since then but nothing works.
I intend to buy a different smart phone next time. Galaxy S4 was supposed to be great but I've had issues since 6 months after buying it.
I haven't done anything to it other than opening the battery case and also once removed the external micro SD card.
My wife's old I-phone 4 battery still works and she bought that a year before I bought my Galaxy....My battery drops within an hour if I'm browsing with it.
Upgrade and buy another Android???
I think probably ....NOT.....

brookielyn15

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Strangest fault, can't enable Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Hotspot or Bluetooth... When I pull down the screen from the top to bring up the quick select enable menu Wi-Fi will not turn on, it is preselected and a very light green colour instead of a grey for disabled or bright green when it is enabled... Holding the Wi-Fi button down and entering the option doesn't help either as it says "turning on" but does nothing... the toggle switch to turn Wi-Fi on also does nothing.
I have reset the device several times and have also now tried a factory reset... which I really didn't want to do and it still hasn't helped. I have searched forums and google for any sign of this same fault and found nothing. I also can't enable portable Wi-Fi hotspot or Bluetooth... Can someone please advise?

If you power off your phone, not restart, leave it off for a few mins then power on it will turn on again. I had this problem and it fixed instantly when I tried this

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12