Please help... My Galaxy S4 won't let me enable Wi-Fi

Affonso Macedo

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Please help... My Galaxy S4 wo'nt let me enable Wi-Fi

Hi Fellas!

So... Like I described a few days back, my wifi wasn't turning on, after many efforts trying to make it work, I gave up... I had to undo all the mods (rom, root and ****) to unvoid the warranty and take the S4 to the Samsung CSC... I went back there today to retrieve my gadget... ANNND it's working!!! They replaced the PCI GH82-08269A, I believe it's the main board... Anyways!

Good luck to you guys!

Rodrigo Echegaray

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

hi dude u said that its a hardware problem???
i dont understand what do u do......

sorry, i know that my inglish its too bad..... if someone know spanish it will be better

weirdone1985

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I am also having this problem... I just got my Galaxy yesterday and the Wi-fi was working but it's not working today...

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

sorry, i know that my inglish its too bad..... if someone know spanish it will be better

If its indeed hardware you have to crack it open and modify or replace it no software will correct a bad board

I am also having this problem... I just got my Galaxy yesterday and the Wi-fi was working but it's not working today...

Mite have to do a warranty exchange

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott Melton

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I tried removing the battery while the phone was still on the rebooting the phone and the WiFi was back up and running on its own.....problem solved.

karasi1992

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

Hi. I'm having/had the same problem. When i took it to the service centre, the service staff said it was probably a fried motherboard. Then when i got it back after it was "repaired" the tech guy said it was a software issue so they rebooted it. I'm still facing the issue.

With an additional black screen flicker every so often.

I'm taking it back to get looked over

Zamborg

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I was facing the same problem and had been looking for a solution. After trying everything written on this thread for almost 5 hours.. I simply banged my Samsung galaxy note (N7000) on the table out of frustration. And it WORKED! I know you wont take it seriously but it actually started working again... I guess sometimes you just have to give some old school beating...

nimmmo

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Hello There
I am having the same trouble with my samsung S3 will I loose all my photos and memos phone numbers etc that I have written in my phone if I rebot or reset whichever it is to try and solve the problem. Sorry I am a massive retard when it comes to technology!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Ey Rodrigo, bienvenido a estos foros de AC!
Yo habl? Espa?ol y te puedo ayudar. Solo dime en que, o que te traduzco y en cuanto tenga chance te hecho la mano. :thumbup::cool:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

duhetfield

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

I had the same issue with my gt 9505. After several actions, I found an app that was causing it to my cel. It was the batteryXL free. After installing the android 4.3, this app didn't work properly, shutting down the wi-fi. I hope it helps.

Sicomell Sicomell

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

hi,

everytime i switch on my wifi, my s4 will prompt a security information say" The device has detected an application attempting to peform actions thats are not permitted. These actions have been blocked. It is recommended you restart your device" i have several times but still unable to activate my wi fi icon. Please help.

Cosma Shalizi

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

My S4 was giving me the same problem, but it seems to have gone away after powering down, removing the battery, and powering back up. (Restarting, or powering on or off with the battery in place, did nothing.) I did not try removing the battery with the phone on.

Kyrie Hayes

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

if your wifi is in your home only, you have to contact your wifi provider they are the only ones that can help you they do not need to look at your cell phone that's not part of their job but if your wifi is down and you have any other device that depends on it like a computer they have to come out and fix the wifi. I had this error for over a month finally somebody told me call your wifi provider tell them what's going on and they will come out and he did and now I don't get those messages anymore but your carrier Samsung Google can't help you you have to call whoever provides the wifi in your home if it's out of your house I don't know but if its just in your house for your family call whoever provides wifi whoever gives you your cable on your TV they have to come out and make sure everything is connected right which ours wasn't we had a major error but he fixed it and now my s4 is running just like it was brand new out of the box.

Aij Amante

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

I have the same problem. i tried to do a manual update , but still don't work. The only best chance is to message samsung or your phone company .