Please help... My Galaxy S4 won't let me enable Wi-Fi

Yau007

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys,
Yep. I am using Odin 3.09 which is valid for S4 LTE GTI-9505.
"Auto Reboot" and "Reset Time" check boxes are ticked. I am loading "I9505ZHUFNB3_I9505ZZHFNB3_I9505ZHUFNB3_HOME.tar.md5
' which is the offical rom from Samsung, to Odin File Download b ox "AP". After clicking "Start", it seems working OK until the last step it prompts with error message as below:
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9505ZHUFNB3_I9505ZZHFNB3_I9505ZHUFNB3_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/007> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/007> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/007> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/007> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/007> tz.mbn
<ID:0/007> boot.img
<ID:0/007> recovery.img
<ID:0/007> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/007> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/007> hidden.img.ext4
<ID:0/007> modem.bin
<ID:0/007> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/007> Removed!!
Screenshot attached

Attachments

• Odin Error.JPG
    Odin Error.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 3

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys,

<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/007> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/007> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/007> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/007> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/007> tz.mbn
<ID:0/007> boot.img
<ID:0/007> recovery.img
<ID:0/007> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/007> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/007> hidden.img.ext4
<ID:0/007> modem.bin
<ID:0/007> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/007> Removed!!
Screenshot attached

you need to try 2-3 times with and without the battery
do not use a usb hub
try different version of odin
looks like you need to use a pit file .

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Wait your using a USB hub??
No mam you need to use a usb port directly on the mother board

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Yau007

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
You guys are great and very helpful.
I have changed the USB port and now able to load the Samsung Official Rom 4.4.2 (I9505ZHUFNB3) back onto my phone.
Now it comes back to day 1 of the original issue - Still not able to enable to WiFi switch even I flash it with the Modem and WiFi Fix patches from "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2192025", using the same version as "I9505ZHUFNB3".
I tried flashing my phone back to older firmwares such as 4.2.2 or 4.3, none of them works even under the same condition as I flash the "I9505ZHUFNB3" version.
Any idea?

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
You guys are great and very helpful.
I have changed the USB port and now able to load the Samsung Official Rom 4.4.2 (I9505ZHUFNB3) back onto my phone.
Now it comes back to day 1 of the original issue - Still not able to enable to WiFi switch even I flash it with the Modem and WiFi Fix patches from "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2192025", using the same version as "I9505ZHUFNB3".
I tried flashing my phone back to older firmwares such as 4.2.2 or 4.3, none of them works even under the same condition as I flash the "I9505ZHUFNB3" version.
Any idea?

what ever you do , do not downgrade it will damage EFS folder
just re-flash with the latest firmware only, no need to use wifi fix pathces
remember do not downgrade

i will find the firmware
Can you also install this app and post your :
Product code
PDA version
CSC version
Baseband version
Android version
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo&token=KCtUSn3U

Yau007

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Required information as below:

Product code = GT-I9505GNATGY
PDA version = I9505ZHUFNB3
CSC version = I9505ZHUFNB3
Baseband version = I9505ZHUFNB3
Android version = 4.4.2

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Required information as below:

Product code = GT-I9505GNATGY
PDA version = I9505ZHUFNB3
CSC version = I9505ZHUFNB3
Baseband version = I9505ZHUFNB3
Android version = 4.4.2

need the product code
which network are you using
Australia - XSA
Australia optus- OPS
Australia Telstra- TEL
Australia vodafone - VAU
Australia 3 Hutchison - DRE
Australia A1 MOB
Australia t-Mmobile - MAX

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
what ever you do , do not downgrade it will damage EFS folder
just re-flash with the latest firmware only, no need to use wifi fix pathces
remember do not downgrade

i will find the firmware
Can you also install this app and post your :
Product code
PDA version
CSC version
Baseband version
Android version
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo&token=yP2TR7h9

She might not have a software problem if it's causing this much bs

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
She is in Australia and she is flashing the Hong Kong firmware. Don't know much. Let her come

Press THANK YOU and LIKE button if you gets the answer

She needs to find an Australian firmware you shouldn't flash different firmwares not ment for your region it's like I shouldn't flash other gsm carriers the motherboards are slightly different so you must flash what is ment for your region if not a rom that's based off of it

Yau007

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Actually my phone was bought from HKG and it worked OK in Australia. WiFi worked well before it was on firmware 4.2.2. It had got a firmware 4.4.2 upgrade shortly before the phone gone dead with a faulty charging port.WiFi failed to work after it was repaired. I can't confirm if WiFi does work OK on firmware 4.4.2 as I might not have noticed that before it was faulty and got repaired
That's why I tried to get this restored back to older firmwares just to confirm firmware is the issue, as I have gone thr' all other suggestions in the web with no luck...Not finally willing to grant it is a dead mother board.

Last edited:

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Actually my phone was bought from HKG and it worked OK in Australia. WiFi worked well before it was on firmware 4.2.2. It had got a firmware 4.4.2 upgrade shortly before the phone gone dead with a faulty charging port.WiFi failed to work after it was repaired. I can't confirm if WiFi does work OK on firmware 4.4.2 as I might not have noticed that before it was faulty and got repaired
That's why I tried to get this restored back to older firmwares just to confirm firmware is the issue, as I have gone thr' all other suggestions in the web with no luck...Not finally willing to grant it is a dead mother board.

If it's been repaired that system board might be bad

If it's been repaired that system board might be bad

Honestly I would flash a Google experience or Google play rom it will tell you if it's the mother board or the firmware

Last edited by a moderator:

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

I think you need to stick on to 4.2 but you can't do that now 4.4.2 will block you from downgrading. the bootloader has been changed but your mother board has been changed so may be you can

Yau007

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
That's what I though as I have already flashed a Google 4.4.2 rom and also a custom rom WanamLite 4.2.2 but still no luck. Australia Samsung advises they do not fix phones bought from o/s (is this funny?) as they do not keep o/s spares. Look likes I have to ship it back to HKG to have that checked and repair. It was used for only 1 months and got too many issues - faulty charging port and mother board, both of them are not under warranty as per HKG Samsung. That's why I am losing confidence in buying Samsung Products although I have been a Samsung fans over 15 years.
Thanks for you guys assistance anyway, sincere appreciations.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
That's what I though as I have already flashed a Google 4.4.2 rom and also a custom rom WanamLite 4.2.2 but still no luck. Australia Samsung advises they do not fix phones bought from o/s (is this funny?) as they do not keep o/s spares. Look likes I have to ship it back to HKG to have that checked and repair. It was used for only 1 months and got too many issues - faulty charging port and mother board, both of them are not under warranty as per HKG Samsung. That's why I am losing confidence in buying Samsung Products although I have been a Samsung fans over 15 years.
Thanks for you guys assistance anyway, sincere appreciations.

If you got the warranty, you should sent it back. :)

Yau007

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I was told by the dealer at HKG that even Samsung HKG does not warranty for the faulty charging port and the mother board. I have to pay Aus $80 for repairing the charging port even it was only bought for 5 weeks. I doubt if that is the case and I will complain to Samsung.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I was told by the dealer at HKG that even Samsung HKG does not warranty for the faulty charging port and the mother board. I have to pay Aus $80 for repairing the charging port even it was only bought for 5 weeks. I doubt if that is the case and I will complain to Samsung.

Once the motherboard is changed there is less chance to find a stable firmware..

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Once the motherboard is changed there is less chance to find a stable firmware..

Yea I've even seen where some samsung shops have actually cloned a different rebuilt board poor bloke had 2 imie# had to ship it back to at&t so unless you do it yourself I don't trust em have them check their records and get the motherboard# then and only then will you get the rite firmware you could have a 19505 gsm motherboard in there

Yau007

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Have actually checked with a local mobile repairer who claims they can repair the mother board at no cost if can't fix it. I'll get it a try.