Phone fell into a brook for about five seconds, now the screen looks like this: imgur: the simple image sharer with water lines throughout. This is most visible on a white background.

I'm guessing that the top left part was because of the rubber plug, visible when you take off the battery cover, letting in water. Don't know about the right part being darker. There was also water inside the battery cover, within the seal (though not a whole lot). Unfortunately i'll have to wait a day before I can put it in rice to hopefully dry it out.. not sure how else I could fix this. Everything else on the phone seems to work fine. I did make sure to thoroughly seal the phone beforehand, although pressing on the ATT logo would keep making "clicky" sounds. I've put the phone in water before hand, though no more than a few inches deep with no problems. I don't think the waterproofing is nearly as good as IP67, at least on some devices.
    07-12-2013 06:34 AM
    Phone fell into a brook for about five seconds, now the screen looks like this: imgur: the simple image sharer with water lines throughout. This is most visible on a white background.

I'm guessing that the top left part was because of the rubber plug, visible when you take off the battery cover, letting in water. Don't know about the right part being darker. There was also water inside the battery cover, within the seal (though not a whole lot). Unfortunately i'll have to wait a day before I can put it in rice to hopefully dry it out.. not sure how else I could fix this. Everything else on the phone seems to work fine. I did make sure to thoroughly seal the phone beforehand, although pressing on the ATT logo would keep making "clicky" sounds. I've put the phone in water before hand, though no more than a few inches deep with no problems. I don't think the waterproofing is nearly as good as IP67, at least on some devices.
    How did you 'waterproof' this phone?
    07-13-2013 06:48 AM
    How did you 'waterproof' this phone?
    By putting on the back cover and pressing the ATT logo? I didn't realize there was supposed to be any other way. The waterproofing works fine for small amounts of water, but definitely doesn't live up to IP67. That could explain why a lot of people report no problems with waterproofing - try testing the phone to the limits that samsung claims it can take.
    07-13-2013 03:05 PM
    By putting on the back cover and pressing the ATT logo? I didn't realize there was supposed to be any other way. The waterproofing works fine for small amounts of water, but definitely doesn't live up to IP67. That could explain why a lot of people report no problems with waterproofing - try testing the phone to the limits that samsung claims it can take.
    I have. And it has worked just fine and passed with flying colors. Either you had a faulty unit or you missed a seal. I am sure AT&T will honor a replacement if they find it defective.
    07-13-2013 06:37 PM