Anyone thought about putting electrical grease around oring and edge of back cover?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2
    07-13-2013 06:57 PM
    Well I just did...make sure not too much otherwise the hooks don't hook and you're good to go! Maybe not necessarily needed, but why not

07-13-2013 08:39 PM
    i added a small amount of silicon. this is the same stuff i use on my gopro and other waterproof seals. i took some extra care when applying (rather than just generously slapping it on) as the seal on the back of the active's housing sits very close to some of the exposed metals on the phone itself when attached. i've intentionally dunked in a couple bowls of water to test and ok so far. even have a video of it going into an ice cold bucket of beer (should i post?)! going to take it paddle boarding with me while i'm in the deschutes river next week. but thats more of just being splashed rather than fully submerged. the silicon does add a bit of additional piece of mind.....especially after having too many beers and your friends wanting to test!
    07-15-2013 04:24 PM
    i added a small amount of silicon. this is the same stuff i use on my gopro and other waterproof seals. i took some extra care when applying (rather than just generously slapping it on) as the seal on the back of the active's housing sits very close to some of the exposed metals on the phone itself when attached. i've intentionally dunked in a couple bowls of water to test and ok so far. even have a video of it going into an ice cold bucket of beer (should i post?)! going to take it paddle boarding with me while i'm in the deschutes river next week. but thats more of just being splashed rather than fully submerged. the silicon does add a bit of additional piece of mind.....especially after having too many beers and your friends wanting to test!
    btw, i also placed a rubber dust cover in the 3.5 audio jack (see pic in my post under the 'case statuses' thread). may be a bit paranoid but since i'm always around the water, i'd rather be safe, not sorry. and those can also be picked up on ebay for pennies.
    07-15-2013 04:50 PM
    dunked mine in water without all of the above and its just fine. Even had it one and called it while in a 1ft of water and no issues. the back does have to go on a specific way
    07-15-2013 08:32 PM
    Well I was in pool for 5hours today phone was in maybe an 1hr to 1hr and a half total and all good deepest I got was 4-5ft but other than that just 1-2ft. Everything works perfect! Very impressed. However my speaker doesn't sound normal anymore? Thinking it needs to dry?

07-15-2013 11:16 PM
    dunked mine in water without all of the above and its just fine. Even had it one and called it while in a 1ft of water and no issues. the back does have to go on a specific way
    What's the specific way

Posted via Android Central App
    07-16-2013 09:49 AM
    Yeah please tell

07-16-2013 12:03 PM
    There is a special sticker on the back with pictures and steps, it is also water proof, i can try to post but here is what it says

For maximum protection against humidity and water
    firmly seal battery cover and usb before use. Make
    sure to press below the LED flash. (Picture 2)

With the cover off slide the top part with the two prongs in place then press down and around all of the phone to place the back on, then press the AT&T symbol.
    07-16-2013 01:31 PM
    There is a special sticker on the back with pictures and steps, it is also water proof, i can try to post but here is what it says

For maximum protection against humidity and water
    firmly seal battery cover and usb before use. Make
    sure to press below the LED flash. (Picture 2)

With the cover off slide the top part with the two prongs in place then press down and around all of the phone to place the back on, then press the AT&T symbol.
    But when I press it, how do I know its good. I press it, nothing really happens
    07-16-2013 03:57 PM
    ya i know, i press it twice to be sure, when i did it on a piece of plexi glass it stuck to the glass so it does do something, i just follow what it says so they cant say i did something wrong, even have me on video doing the whole process and then placing it in a foot of water while the screen is on
    07-16-2013 07:33 PM