Blue LED light blinks while the screen is off

nvogel2011

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to this phone and I'm hoping someone can tell me what this is. The blue LED light blinks when the screen is off. The manual says the phone is "recording voice." What does that mean? How do I turn it off? I assume it's another drain on the battery...

Thanks!!

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Here 'ya go. The light blinks much faster (every second or so) when Voice Recording, it blinks every 5-10 seconds when you have a notification or message.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-17-03-14-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-03-14-35.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 75

nvogel2011

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I swear I read that screen on my phone several times & missed the word "blue" with regard to notifications. Maybe I'm "color blind!!"

nvogel2011

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
And the online manual says it will blink orange for notifications:

"Charging: When enabled, the LED glows red during charging, and green when the
battery is fully charged.
 Low battery: When enabled, the LED blinks red to indicate low battery charge.
Notifications: When enabled, the LED blinks orange to show that you have missed
calls, new messages, or application events.
 Voice recording: When enabled, the LED glows blue when recording with the
screen turned off.

WTF?

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Send yourself a text, or have someone else do it. Then see what color the light flashes.

Mine was preordered, so it's one of the first ones, maybe there's a running change already? Can I assume you're in the USA? The manual on AT&T' and Samsung's USA websites do not list a specific color:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...y_S4_Active_English_JB_User_Manual_MF2_F3.pdf
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/Samsung_Galaxy_S4_Active.pdf&token=mYJOyDjA

LED indicator
This option allows you to turn on your LED lights for charging,
missed events, and incoming notifications. The light will turn
on by default unless you turn them off.
1. From the Home screen, tap ➔ Settings ➔
My device ➔ LED indicator.
2. Tap the following LED indicator options to turn them on
or off:
? Charging: LED lights up when the device is connected to the
charger.
? Low battery: LED lights up when the battery level is low.
? Notifications: LED lights up when you have missed calls,
messages, or application events.
? Voice recording: LED lights up when you are recording voice.
The LED only lights up when the screen is off.

nvogel2011

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Yep, the blue light notifies of missed calls, messages, etc. One would think Samsung would have more to do than change the LED colors for notifications! Thanks for your help. (And yes, I'm in the US-Texas)

second Sun

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
When your blue LED light blink its mean message , email or other notification comes on your phone so don't afraid because this is the functionality of your Android phone companies that provide you. If you want something more about this LED light so click on SeconSunLab and know how to work LED light and its uses

600mx.jpg

Thanks & Regards
---------------------------
SecondSunLab

Alextodd1

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this useful information, although I came here to answer this question, but I guess i got pretty much other useful information as well :)..

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this useful information, although I came here to answer this question, but I guess i got pretty much other useful information as well :)..

I don't know if you ever found what you were looking for but i had a blue light notification that was driving me crazy. Couldn't figure out what it was, until... it was an old calendar notification for an appointment. Go figure. Blue light gone.

oldsndroidguy

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I both have new S5 mini phones and both occasional lock with a blank screen and blue flashing led once a second. How do I do we reset without having to remove the battery?

Leahstewart21

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I can't get my led notifications to work on my s4 coz the software update changed and don't know how to get the led flash to work when you get messages could someone help me.

vanthangnguyen

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
thank for showing us how to disable the blinking blue dot in Samsung 4 while the screen is off. It is so simple as you show : tap setting, tap LED indicator, there are Charging,Low battery, Notifications and Voice recording. All has green tick, just tap Notifications and Voice recording, the green tick gone. That all .No more blue dot blinking drives me crazy.....