Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My newest five conversations are not refreshing with new text messages. Any new conversations are ranking underneath those five and are normal, but the top five are not showing any new messages. I can send and receive new messages but I can only read new messages if I catch them right as they come in because I read the preview on the top, but they do not show up in the actual message folder.
This is slightly infuriating... I searched for ways to troubleshoot, rebooted my phone about 5 times, took out the battery, cleared RAM (which doesn't seem to be totally clearing... not sure if that's how its supposed to be or if its supposed to go down to 0gb and mine is just malfunctioning like my text messages)

if anybody has any insight they could give me it would be greatly appreciated. I'm about to throw this phone out the window.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My newest five conversations are not refreshing with new text messages. Any new conversations are ranking underneath those five and are normal, but the top five are not showing any new messages. I can send and receive new messages but I can only read new messages if I catch them right as they come in because I read the preview on the top, but they do not show up in the actual message folder.
This is slightly infuriating... I searched for ways to troubleshoot, rebooted my phone about 5 times, took out the battery, cleared RAM (which doesn't seem to be totally clearing... not sure if that's how its supposed to be or if its supposed to go down to 0gb and mine is just malfunctioning like my text messages)

if anybody has any insight they could give me it would be greatly appreciated. I'm about to throw this phone out the window.

I have experienced this a few times. Leaving the messages app and then returning refreshes it. I hope Samsung addresses this. I also don''t like that when I get a new text that it does not hop right into the conversation but into the previous contact I was chatting with. This has caused me to send texts to unintended people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome