"No Track" message when S4 starts

guruachary

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, need your help. Of late, a message "No Track" appears everytime I start (not unlock) my S4. Initially the messages "auto update date and time" appears, followed by "power saver mode enabled" & "connected to wifi". After that "no track" appears which I don't understand. Any suggestions??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

WldHogn

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 .. "no track" pops up on the screen when I unlock the phone using my pattern. Seems like no one is able to give a fix on this issue since it's been a problem with the older S4's also. Hmmmmm.

cjay48

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, need your help. Of late, a message "No Track" appears everytime I start (not unlock) my S4. Initially the messages "auto update date and time" appears, followed by "power saver mode enabled" & "connected to wifi". After that "no track" appears which I don't understand. Any suggestions??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Hi guruachary/all,
Jusr joined the forum. I think i may have the answer to this...
I have bee`n researching this message - i also have it but on the samsung tab 3 10.1.
I believe itbis the fact that the android is so closely linked in with google, and it registeres with google as soon as the machine starts up.
And it is the setting to tell websites not to track your info as you browse (which is a good thing).
To change the setting you can kick up chrome, and click on the three dotted settings button in the top right hand corner, then select settings, privacy, and then 'do no track'. Then slide the slide bar left or right to track ir not'.
I have it set to 'do not track' hence the message 'No track' when my tab starts up and registers with google.

Fromreading articles about the setting it is trying to do a good thing for you, if you want to limit the amount of info that you leace around the web. How well it works i dont know.

But hope this helps.

'Big brother IS watching you, he's just deciding what to do with the info'.

Cheers

Chris

cjay48

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Also, just found an article right here on androidcentral about the setting. But as i have only just joined i need to have had 10 posts before i can add a link, i cant post the link here.
But just try the search and search for 'how to set do not track chrome' and it should be the first article that comes up.

Cheers

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith