USB Debugging Problems

Fantom94

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm having an issue with my Galaxy S4 in regards to using USB debugging with U.S. Cellular as my carrier.

Whenever I plug my phone into any USB to power it with USB debugging turned on, a message saying that tethering was detected comes up and disables my USB debugging. Obviously, I don't have a tethering plan, but the point is that I'm not trying to tether. Even plugging it in to the computer to push apks through ADB with usb debugging enabled triggers this message and disables my debugging. Is there any solution for this? Thanks in advanced, guys.

Fantom94

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey, just so you know, I found the issue after a bit more research. It's not a very well documented problem, so I'll post my semi-solution here.

"synchronoss TEDC" is an app installed on android phones provided by US Cellular that constantly monitors the tethering status and whether or not your plan allows it. It was reprogrammed in the most recent update to deter tethering in the way that I described previously. This breaks a lot of functionality, so I simply removed the application. On older versions of Android, you are allowed to simply disable the app without root. On newer versions, 4.1 and higher, I believe, you must be rooted in order to disable and/or remove the application. Removing the application does not cause problems with the phone or service provider. (Obviously, US Cellular doesn't like this because it also allows tethering, and is probably against the contract, but how would they know? ;) )

So there's the solution that I found.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae