I've had the Active since day one and overall I can say I'm really happy with it. Coming from an iPhone 5 I've grown to like Android a great deal and that extra inch of screen real estate is a huge (positive) difference.

But today I just got around to uploading the pictures I took in Italy this summer on vacation. I shot exclusively with my Active. I did not alter settings with the exception of switching to night mode at night.

Well, I'm looking at my photos today on my computer screen and I have to say I'm really disappointed with the results. I'd call these photos mediocre in quality. Two years ago I was also in Italy for vacation and shot exclusively with my iPhone 4 and the results were much better indoors and during the day. Night shots outside left a lot to be desired with the iPhone 4.

I did not shoot vacation photos ever with my iPhone 5 however overall that was an excellent camera for everyday use.

I realize that by default the Active is a 6 MP shooter however I did not want to move up to 8 MP because it crops off on the screen. (4:3) Perhaps I should have in retrospect however I don't think it would have made an enormous difference. The iPhone 4 camera is a 5 MP shooter and it was clearly superior to what I just shot with the Active this summer.

Anybody have any thoughts or feelings about their Active camera?

(Also the short video clips I shot are simply not playing back properly on my computer. Not sure what is going on there.)
    09-01-2013 03:49 PM
    Just a thought to help you out:
    I understand on some of the Android devices the camera is lackluster. I've experienced this before myself. At least now we have something to help: Google+
    Even if you don't use the social aspects of G+, you can set the app to auto-upload your pictures. Without any other effort on your part, G+ will make your photos look better. The difference in this that I experience is a lot less than most people because the camera in my HTC One is pretty awesome. That said, if you have a crappier camera the difference can be remarkable. Give it a try and see if it helps.
    Auto upload them, let them be enhanced, then download them to your PC and share that way. It's very minimal effort.
    09-01-2013 06:49 PM
    Just a thought to help you out:
    I understand on some of the Android devices the camera is lackluster. I've experienced this before myself. At least now we have something to help: Google+
    Even if you don't use the social aspects of G+, you can set the app to auto-upload your pictures. Without any other effort on your part, G+ will make your photos look better. The difference in this that I experience is a lot less than most people because the camera in my HTC One is pretty awesome. That said, if you have a crappier camera the difference can be remarkable. Give it a try and see if it helps.
    Auto upload them, let them be enhanced, then download them to your PC and share that way. It's very minimal effort.
    Thanks for this suggestion. I'll consider it. It's really a shame the camera isn't stronger.
    09-10-2013 04:33 PM
    Wonder if somthing Is wrong with you camera I still own 2 iPhone 4's in my house the camera on the active absolutely blows it out of the water they don't even compare either u got a setting outta wack or your camera has a issue no way either one of my old 4s even compare in camera dept man alot of reviewers even mention the camera on the active is not much worse then the normal s4 and that's regarded as one of the best camera phones I would take it in and compare with some floor models to make sure yours is ok

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 4
    09-18-2013 02:04 AM
    If you want quality pictures, use a camera. I don't care how many megapixels a cell phone camera has, it's not going to be the quality of a camera. If you compare the sensor size you'll see why.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-26-2013 09:19 PM