11-24-2015 11:05 PM
58 123
tools
    I too switched (for awhile) from iPhone 5 to MOTO X android and text messages have been a problem. Apple made a stupid decision with IOS 7 to default send as SMS when imessage doesn't work to off. You than have to manually go in and turn it on. If Apple would default (hopefully in future updates) send as SMS to ON all would be spolved. But got forbid that Apple thinks anyone has something other than an iPhone.
    01-20-2014 06:21 PM
    I did this- plus deleted my number from EVERYWHERE it was in Apple and it still isn't working.
    AT&T told me to have my friends- turn off imessage then reset their network settings- after the phone relaunches it should work.
    Well it worked for a few people so far.

This is complete bull and I can't believe Apple gets away with this!
    03-17-2014 11:09 AM
    I am saving problem with my SN3 on AT&T. I just spoke with Apple and was told my number had been removed from system but try these two things...
    Text STOP to 48369
    Next delete all threads and start ones with those you can't receive from, do it on both ends.
    I'm waiting to see if it works...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    03-17-2014 02:53 PM
    Can other affected people please file a complaint with the FTC:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

and the Better Business Bureau:

Better Business Bureau: Start With Trust®

We shouldn't let them get away with this.
    04-14-2014 07:05 PM
    Hi,
    To your/everyone's problem with group text messages being received on Android phone coming from iPhones. I have an Android LG G2 with recent Kit Kat OS update and still having problem to receive group texts from 'some' iPhone users, not all. Try having your iPhone friend(s) you're not getting group messages from turn off iMessage as a test. It worked for me today with an iPhone 5 user. Problem will be having users do this for you. Unfortunately, iMessage is free all included texting between similar users. Hopefully this gets generally fixed for all of us Android users. Better solutions to this problem would be great appreciated. Thx.
    04-27-2014 06:52 PM
    HERE'S WHAT WORKED FOR ME! -- I switched from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy 4S. My old iPhone has a CDMA (has no sim card) -- so the "wipe the sim card" was not an option for me, as some had suggested online. I don't even think that woulda helped.
    Hubby still has an iPhone, and his messages usually would not go through, or only after a delay, because despite removing my info from his address book & cloud, his phone still seemed to "remember" me as an iPhone user and thus was always trying to iMessage when texting me. I was able to get his phone to stop doing that simply unchecking his "iMessage" option under settings/messages on his phone, but I can't ask all my friends to do that just to connect with my phone (if they don't have unlimited texting on their plans, that could cost them money!). So I kept reading online, did everything I could, hours and hours... and was ready to surrender to the big bad monopolizer (i.e. become a conformist, return my droid, and settle for an iPhone). But -- grrrrr!! I really like my new droid!
    SO -- I read somewhere that even if you have disassociated your iPhone from Apple/cloud account, your email address that's associated with your apple account may still be causing people's phones to identify your contact/account as an iPhone (if they have your e-mail address in their contacts). So, CHANGE YOUR APPLE ACCOUNT IDENTITY and don't let your public e-mail addresses be linked with your Apple account. My apple identity log-in was my gmail address, so I changed it to a junk e-mail account that I never use and no one knows. As soon as I did that, I turned the "iMessage" option back ON on hubby's phone, sent myself a message from his phone, and it did NOT turn blue on his screen (newbies: the dreaded blue means someone's iPhone thinks your phone number is an iPhone too and therefore tries to send texts as iMessages.)
    Now, if I find that other people's phones are still not reaching me (especially people with iPhones with whom I text a lot) I will update this post. But for now I am quite proud of myself.
    It's possible people will still need to go into their contacts and make sure your phone number is not labeled as an iPhone -- which I had already done on hubby's phone (that had not helped). They may even just want to REMOVE their contact information for you, for good measure, and re-type it in. But that's still less troublesome for them than asking them to turn off their phone's ability to iMessage, just cuz you want to use a droid and want to receive their texts.
    UPDATE: that did immediately work on hubby's phone, but on some friends' phones they still need to choose "send as sms" to get a text to me (even hubby's sometimes reverts back to iMessages when sending to my droid) -- BUT, more people are now having no problem sending to me, and some phones seem to be "learning" not to send as iMessage.
    08-25-2014 01:56 AM
    Restored phone # on iphone and turn off iMessages still no luck

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-26-2015 04:27 AM
    FINALLY SOLVED MY PROBLEM!!! I have been having this issue for A YEAR with my mum - she wasn't receiving my texts after I switched from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6. She is an Android user and has never had an iPhone. My messages seemed to be sending successfully but she would just never receive them! ALL other iPhones could send to her and I could send to all other Androids!

After a year of frustration and scouring the internet, the thing that FINALLY fixed it for us was so annoyingly simple.. My mum went into her Android message settings and turned off the spam filter.. That was it!!! For some reason her phone thought mine was spam, so it was just blocking my messages!

Hopefully this will solve the problem for others too
    11-24-2015 11:05 PM
58 123