Galaxy S4 Active: Screen Replacement JUST GLASS

kwinter24

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 Active Screen Replacement JUST GLASS

Has anyone attempted this Digitizer/Glass only repair successfully? I can't seem to find any information on disassembling the galaxy s4 active screen.

spyre

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Well I bought the 48 dollar one from ebay linked above. Coming from China and won't be here till Dec. 4-10th I guess. If it works then awesome, if not I guess I'll have to use the insurance either way. With insurance being freakin 199 bucks deductible it seems worth a shot. If anyone does know of the steps to get it off that would be great.

Pmh3

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

I broke my s4 active screen. The LCD is fine, looking to get the glass/digitizer part only. Could someone send me the link to find them?

brenl

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

I dropped mine and the screen is broken. but how do i know if the digitazer still works?

timmat1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Just so you guys know... The outside glass is the digitizer. It is not like the regular S4 that has glass on the outside. I did not have luck replacing mine. I ended up breaking the lcd because I rushed it. I ended up buying an assembly so I have a new digitizer if someone want is. If not they sell on amazon and ebay for about $50-$60.

vmsil

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

I managed to separate the broken glass/ digitizer from my active and tested with new digitizer. Display itself and digitizer works fine, but with the digitizer came of with some kind of "polarized" layer and the screen is just white. When looking high angle you can see that the screen and touch panel is working. I have to study what was that layer and can it be replaced. S4 amoled panel with loca is much easier to separate than Active TFT panel attached with oca sticker.

Renea Caskey

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

Can anyone give be a link of where I can buy just a screen for my s4 active? Also, should I have it professionally replaced it do it myself to save money?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz