S4 Active won't charge properly

Anthony Cuello

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I recently (as in, around the start of August) purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, and as of this week it's been having problems.

First, it charges really slow. I once started charging it when it was down to 13% at around 7:35 in the morning. Now, I have an app that estimates how long charging time should be and it said that it'll be done by around 10:20 in the morning. I leave it there, but when I check back at that time, it was only at 37%. Even if I plug my phone in the whole day it'll only go up to around 60-70%.

Next, if I drain it and charge when it's turned off, it doesn't flash the Red LED. However, I know it's charging because from an empty battery I leave it charging for around 5 minutes, turn it on, and see that it has 3% now. When this happens I just plug the charger back in when it is on and now it recognizes it.

I don't use my phone very often (just regular usage and occasional internet browsing) - what happened here? Samsung gave me 1-year warranty on parts & services so I'll head to the store tomorrow to get this checked, but all the same I want to know what I'm dealing with here. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I somewhat had that problem too it was a combination of my charger cord got stepped on (kids) and my case so it wasn't getting plugged in properly but yeah go with the warranty swap if all else fails.

phil_d1111

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
not necessarily - I have this problem with mine

put it on charge - lightning bolt showing etc

but it's just not charging - keep having to swap batteries with housemates

its on 87% at the moment charging and has been like that for an hour

Ste Lucas

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
did anyone get an answers from this as im in the same situation

phone stopped charging so I try other charges and that doesnt work either