Hey guys, I've been looking around the internet for days now and still can't find a solution to my problem, so here goes. I recently had my galaxy s4 repaired by a third party repairer, I've had phones repaired by them before and they've been fine. Anyway, the phones working well, except it doesn't read the sim card, I just get a circle with a line through it displayed where the signal strength should be. It also doesn't allow me to search for networks at all. I've tried factory resetting the phone also, several times. The phone detects when a sim card isn't inserted, so it's got me thinking that maybe it isn't the sim card reader, however the sim works fine in other phones. Is it possible something could of been damaged when it was being fixed? I'd really like to know if there's any information for this out there before I go spending more money on the thing.
    Thanks,
    Aaron.
    Problem with sim card/network after repair-screenshot_2013-11-10-09-01-06-1-.jpg
    11-09-2013 04:10 PM
    Sounds as if the phone was damaged during the initial repair. My first suggestion was going to be to replace the SIM card but you said it works in other devices. Take it back to the repair shop and ask them to fix the issue free of charge.
    11-09-2013 11:22 PM
    I had my phone repaired too 2 weeks ago (glass was repaired)...

when I got it back, I realized that I couldn't make any calls and I would get the "Not registered on network" error msg.

I brought it back to my repair guy and he had forgotten to screw in the antenna inside... duh.
    11-14-2013 11:34 AM