Need to hear about others who experienced this as I'm fighting with my repair guy.

I broke my Galaxy S4 when it was dropped on the sidewalk - glass was shattered but LCD was working properly. Touch screen and response was not affected.

I went to a local (trustworthy) repair shop and the guy replaced the glass only (no LCD) for $200. It was a 3hr job as the LOCA glue needs to cure properly. The job appeared to be well done, no bubbles, no spills. The following morning, I slipped my phone into its bumper case and just with the pressure of the case, the LCD underneath the glass shattered. The glass is still intact.

I went back to my repair guy and he says his repair did not fragilize the LCD and that he cannot be held responsible for this... He's asking for another $300 to replace the LCD assembly (digitizer + glass).

I went to get other tech's advice and most guys are saying that no one should change the glass only on a S4 as you're just asking for trouble since LCD can break at any time. My repair guy says it's bull**** and continues to deny that he's "responsible".

I'd like to hear from others who have changed their glass only. Did you run into LCD issues afterwards?

Thanks!
    11-14-2013 10:28 AM
    I'll be replacing mine when the new glass arrives in a couple weeks. For comparison on your guys prices though, a good shop here quoted $240 to replace the whole front, glass/digitizer/lcd as a whole assembly.
    11-25-2013 02:02 PM