Samsung Galaxy S4 Active - Video too large to send, even 1 sec. Long videos?

Dwight Kuhl

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Short and sweet:

Taking videos to share are "too big" to attach to messages and emails... I have even filmed a 1 secong video to test sending and no dice...
No problems to upload to Facebook though?

Tried creating email attachment both in an email and launching from video player, no luck :(

Any video resizing app someone could recommend?

- Demon 6

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
You have to go under your settings in your camera. There is an option under there to change the size to MMS compatible. It sucks that you cant show off nice video through text. If you can, upload it as a private video or somethong to facebook, youtube, etc...and then send the person the link. Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
More specifically, when you click your settings at the top of your screen, there is a video camera icon. Click that and a dialogue will come up and there you shpuld find one that says Limit for MMS.

Posted via Android Central App

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Can you upload it to cloud storage such as dropbox, box, copy, OneDrive, Drive etc and then share a link? Although, I agree, you should be able to send them as an attachment.

Michael Gervasio

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I think I figured out finally. Open the text message with the person you want to send the video to , click the attachment icon then "record a video". Stinks you can't send old videos but better than nothing

GeekNews

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Sadly it is a carrier limitation issue. Each carrier is a bit different but most of them limit the size of MMS messages to around 600kb. You'll see similar issues if you try to send multiple large pictures.

carnotty

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active - Video too large to send, even 1 sec. Long videos?Try

bring drop screen down on top of phone...when you see the camera click and change setting then when option of how to open click video..it worked for me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000