Hello all,
    This is my first smartphone and my first post, so be kind, please.
    I just bought a Galaxy S 4 from T Mobile and noticed it did not have a SD card in it. First question...is this normal or did they forget to put one in the box?
    Second lead up to question..I just bought one and inserted it into my phone's slot. It was a 64 G and immediately showed up as a 59 once inserted. 2nd Question...where did the 5 g's go?
    Final question...Do all photos I take automatically go into the SD card or do they only go in there once the phone's memory fills up? We are heading to Europe and the phone will be our camera, so I do not want to mess up.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    11-24-2013 09:34 AM
    Hello all,
    This is my first smartphone and my first post, so be kind, please.
    I just bought a Galaxy S 4 from T Mobile and noticed it did not have a SD card in it. First question...is this normal or did they forget to put one in the box?
    Second lead up to question..I just bought one and inserted it into my phone's slot. It was a 64 G and immediately showed up as a 59 once inserted. 2nd Question...where did the 5 g's go?
    Final question...Do all photos I take automatically go into the SD card or do they only go in there once the phone's memory fills up? We are heading to Europe and the phone will be our camera, so I do not want to mess up.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Welcome to the forums.
    1. No they didn't forget. The unadded SD card is Samsung's hope you will buy one from them.
    2. 5GB missing for formatting.
    3. I believe you have to make that change in the Camera app. Click camera then the menu key. That should bring up options. Settings should be one, and if anything the desired location should be in there.

However, whenever you get a chance on your trip, connect to an open wifi hotspot, and upload your photos to a site like Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. Just in case something goes wrong, you at least have an offsite backup.

Have a good trip. Show us some photos when you get back.
    11-24-2013 09:41 AM
    Thanks for your advice. I will set up something on Dropbox.
    11-24-2013 05:05 PM