Put Samsung Galaxy S4 Active in shallow water, screens not working but everything else does.

Ashleigh O

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
So i put my new samsung galaxy S4 Active in shallow water today and i made sure everything was pushed down and shut so no water gets in, but while taking the photo the screen went black so i took the battery out and dried it now my phone is in rice. is there any way to fix this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Put samsung galaxy S4 Active in shallow water, screens not working but everything else does.

how new? take it back.

short of that, leave it in the rice for a day or two and see what happens

Ashleigh O

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Put samsung galaxy S4 Active in shallow water, screens not working but everything else does.

its only i have only had it for 4 days, it turns on and its just the screen but if i put it on an angle it you can kinda see the screen its like it has been put on the lowest brightness setting.

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Take it back must be a crack or improperly sealed case

-----------------------------------------
sent from my DROID Eris, made by Nokia, powered by iOS 7 via BBM

gravatos

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

Its defective likely, or its just stuck in teh underwater mode (only able to take pictures).

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Did you make sure all of the connections were snapped in? Theres one under the camera that will let water in if its not snapped

from my wonderfully rooted gs4 woot

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
If you had to dry the battery you had a bad seal that rubber seal is what keeps water out its either from the battery door or you didnt cover a port with a flap either case congradulations you now have water damage

from my wonderfully rooted gs4 woot