Phone Won't Charge!?

Stojko95

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Phone was charging normally last night, I put it to charge and said it was charging, woke up and it had 35% and when I put it back to charge it didn't work? Phone is dead now, and I tried other chargers and it didn't work? Help please!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would hit a local store, see if the reps there can try one of their batteries in your device.

serdrakov

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I had that problem. And the battery was fine.
The problem turned out to be solved by replacing the cables with which I was charging.
On ebay there are some cheap cables being sold, but they dont charge too fast, andsome dont even charge at all.
The cables that ended up charging fast my phone were bought for 3.99 in regular store with electronics.
In case your problem is with battery, ebay sells packages of 3 samsung galaxy s4 batteries for around 20-30 bucks. I have like 5 extra batteries, but the charging problem was solved by changing 3 cables that werent working.
The battery was just fine.

Posted via Android Central App

stanwitham

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
If the phone does not charge, one simple fix that works 9 out of 10 times, is to gently lift the tab in the charging port with a toothpick. This will enable the charger to have better contact. If that does not work, try the charger on another device. It may be the charger itself or the cable. Make sure the outlet works by plugging something else into it.

MoonWillow9

May 21, 2016
Visit site
This is my second Android to do this.. They charge fine at first then you have to work that jack like a stripper works a pole. If you're lucky you'll get a charge. This time I bought a new charger. I've utilized every outlet in my house..to no avail. I need some answers.. Has the battery crapped out on me?

PattyW5

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
This is my second Android to do this.. They charge fine at first then you have to work that jack like a stripper works a pole. If you're lucky you'll get a charge. This time I bought a new charger. I've utilized every outlet in my house..to no avail. I need some answers.. Has the battery crapped out on me?

I had to buy a new plug online and installed it myself. Verizon would not warrenty it because the stupid plug was worn out by the time I took it in. They just kept saying it was damaged. Ughhhh!!! I too thought it was the cable and tried several new ones. I would say, order the part. I fixed mine for less than 10 bucks. Or take it to a repair shop, if you are not a DIY type. Good luck.