Galaxy S4 Active: can you break out the voice mail icon????

jbortz6469

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I just got rid of my galaxy s slide out keyboard for the new s4 active. Love the bigger screen, but on the old phone I could see my vm separate from everything else like text and emails. There was the little recorder icon on my main screen that would show waiting vm. I cannot find it on the active am I missing something??????

Last edited by a moderator:

jbortz6469

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: can you break out the voice mail icon????

so I was just on tech support and the app is suppose to be on the phone and its not. any idea how to get it on????? don't see it on samsung app store

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

It's Visual Voice mail I think. I had it on my BlackBerry. Look in the Play Store for it. Search your carrier, and see if it comes up.

Posted via Android Central App

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

It's called AT&T Messages now. They incorporated your SMS, your call log & your voicemail into 1 app. It's the Messages app that has the blue icon with the cloud & 2 chat bubbles on it (since there are 3 Messaging apps installed). In theory, its supposed to be a nice app & all your messages are supposed to get synced to the cloud & available on your phone, tablet laptop, desktop...
But, if you find it in the Play Store, all the reviews say that since the recent update, it now sucks. I've been with AT&T less than a month so far & I haven't tried it yet so I can't really comment.

Dubg

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I used to have the AT&T messaging app and I loved it. Then one day it suddenly stopped working. I called AT&T they tried to reset the service in their side, but they could never get it working again. I gave up.

Jbortz did you ever get your voice mail notification to work. Mine has always had the little cassette tape like indicator at the top in the notifications.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I used to have the AT&T messaging app and I loved it. Then one day it suddenly stopped working. I called AT&T they tried to reset the service in their side, but they could never get it working again. I gave up.

Jbortz did you ever get your voice mail notification to work. Mine has always had the little cassette tape like indicator at the top in the notifications.

I think I just had this same problem...I downloaded GO SMS Pro and AT&T messages at the same time, and now my texting has stopped coming in. I can send just fine, as well as with all of my other normal functions, just can't receive.

AT&T is sending me a warranty replacement this week. Pretty damn horrible they couldn't even get my texts working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk