My daughter recorded a video on her iphone5 & sent it to me in a text messages to my Galaxy S4 Active - I am unable to figure out how to save this video to my gallery or even forward it. The only option I can find is "save to device" which I have done - but I can not find it. Can someone PLEASE help me?
    09-13-2014 09:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try using a file manager app like ES File Explorer to look in the Downloads folder. Sometimes downloaded items don't show up if you use the Downloads "app" in the App Drawer--you have to actually explore the folder with a file manager. Not sure why--I wonder if it has to do with whether or not the Download Manager is involved in the download.
    Welcome to Android Central! Try using a file manager app like ES File Explorer to look in the Downloads folder. Sometimes downloaded items don't show up if you use the Downloads "app" in the App Drawer--you have to actually explore the folder with a file manager. Not sure why--I wonder if it has to do with whether or not the Download Manager is involved in the download.
    09-14-2014 01:23 AM
    Thank you so much - I will try that!
    09-14-2014 10:49 AM
    As B. Diddy said you may have to use a file manager to find the file. What I've found is I have two download files. One downloads and one Download. In the big D folder are the things I've used the download manager's help to download in the little d folder are things I've downloaded via some other app. However I've also had to go into specific app folders for some items, it depends on the app. I see ES mentioned quite a bit but I also like Astro. What I like about it is that you can search by file type and recent. It makes finding and moving things really easy and intuitive.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails How do I save a video to my gallery?-71340.jpg  
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-14-2014 11:03 AM
    Thanks--I end up typing ES File Explorer mostly because I've had experience with it, and it's easier to type! But yes, Astro is good too. Myself, I use Total Commander, but don't always recommend it since the interface isn't entirely intuitive.
    VidJunky likes this.
    09-14-2014 01:35 PM