My phone won't turn on

Jonathan Cunningham

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
This all happened three days ago. I dropped my phone about a foot, but it has a hard case so I thought it would be fine. There is no visible external damage to the phone. However, it wouldn't turn back on again.
I've tried everything and read all the forums that I can. I've tried taking out the battery, waiting, and putting it back in; doing the reset by holding the volume and start keys; and charging it.
When I hold the start button, it buzzes like it does when it normally starts up, but the screen doesn't light up. Occasionally, the blue light at the top will turn on for a little and the red and green lights will turn on when it is charging and finished charging, respectively.
I am traveling, so I don't have easy access to a Best Buy or anything. Any advice would be great!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like the screen was damaged from the impact of the fall. You don't have to see any external damage for there to be internal damage. It might be something relatively simple like a loosened connection, but otherwise it probably needs a screen replacement.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could try replacing it yourself if you're handy. There are probably a number of how to videos on YouTube. You'd need to buy the correct replacement screen from some online store.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca