phone times out at 20 minutes while accessing music web site archives

border50

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
When listening to 2 radio show archives ( PRX show American Routes and Scottish radio show Planet Pipe ), my phone stops playing show right at the 20 minute mark. I am able to listen to American Routes using the TuneIn Radio app with no issues ( archives are limited though ). I'm listening using the American Routes website, not downloading. I've tried 3 different browsers ( stock, Chrome and Dolphin ), and also tried accessing desk top site ( won't play in this mode ) instead of mobile, and same thing happens, so I think it's got to be a device issue. I never had any problems accessing these sites on my old iPhone.
Any thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Dagnabbit. When it stops playing, do you notice if the page refreshes? I wonder if it could be some automatic page refresh that occurs, which then knocks off the player.

border50

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I see no change in screen when music stops
As an aside last night i listened to a radio stations archives with no problem
Could it a format issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not really sure. There's something about how that website is coded that is not playing well with those particular browsers. Can you try Opera Browser? It may be different enough from Chrome that it might play more successfully.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos