I received an automatic update that messed my phone up completely, how can I get my previous version back?

A

AC Question

I recieved an automatic update that messed my phone up completely, Help

two weeks ago in the middle of the night my phone updated, I can no longer access internet service unless at my home on my wifi. I can not get 3G or 4G at all and most of the time cannot even receive or make calls, send texts...nothing...I'm told by the powers that be that cell towers in my area are down and to wait for 24 hours.....that has been 2 weeks of 24 hours of waiting and everyone else is able to access the towers for service.....I'm getting angry that I have no choice but to accept this stupid update that has rendered my phone a worthless. POS. NO ONE WANTS TO REFUND MY MONEY FOR LOST AIRTIME. I have a Samsung Galaxy 4S Active.....Can anyone help me get my pre 5.0.1 version back?
I also lost all of my widgets. Does this make any sense?

Boilergreg

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: I recieved an automatic update that messed my phone up completely, Help

I have the same problem. I lost every thing including gallery, data for apps and downloaded apps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

I am tired of these updates too. When I bought my S4 Active it had all these cool colors for operating system (skins?) and now everything is this ugly baby blue color that reminds me of dos shell. Plus, I have not noticed any improvements with the phone and isn't that what updates are for. It literally worked the best when first purchased. I guess I should be thankful that this is my only problem so far. It's done this to me twice and like you it does it to me over night. If any body can walk me through changing the colors of my operating system that would be great.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If you're talking about thee background when you're looking at the desktop, that's wallpaper - you can change it. (There must be at least a million free ones of the right size on the internet for download. Use Wallpaper Wizardrii if you want some control of how the wallpaper will look, otherwise just 'set as wallpaper' in Gallery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12