Why do long audio files crash in music players on my Galaxy S4?

PoLoBreak

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
When I listen to podcasts, the audio file crashes and stops playing after the 1hr 10mins mark as if the file has completed playing. When I press play again it just starts at the beginning. This makes impossible to listen to anything longer than that such as a 2 hour podcast for example.
I know the mp3 file is not the problem because it plays fine on my computer and I tried playing it on another galaxy s3 and doesn't have this problem.
I tried multiple music player platforms (google music player, samsung player, rocket player) and all of them can't play it. I even tried resetting the music player by clearing its data in settings. So it's not the music player's problem.
It's not the micro sd card's problem either since mp3 files suffers this problem whether i put it in a sd card or the phone's internal memory.
It's most likely a problem with the Galaxy S4 itself. Any ideas? Do I need to get professional tech support? Where do I go to?
Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I have one last player to suggest. PowerAmp. That one usually succeeds where others fail.

PoLoBreak

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I have one last player to suggest. PowerAmp. That one usually succeeds where others fail.

Thanks Golfdriver, I've tried it and it works. However it does not have a podcast function, and isn't free.
I want to solve this problem. What makes poweramp different from all the other music players and why is it functional? If I can find out why it may solve the problem.

Also I found out that if I just let the podcast play without skipping/fast forwarding it can continue past 1hr mark. But if I skip past that time or fast forward it crashes..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My apologies, I did mean to warn you it was a paid app with a trial period. Work left me exhausted yesterday.

As for why it works, I am not sure. I just know from experience that PowerAmp has a much better success rate at playing sound files than most other apps. If cost is a concern, get Google Opinion Rewards. You get Play credit for answering surveys they send you. But, if you can buy it now, do it. For me, buying PowerAmp has far and away been the best purchase I have made on Play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech