Why can't I delete google accounts?

purplepoppy

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! I had the same exact issue with my son's phone and pushing the menu button on the actual phone worked. My son's phone didn't have the three dots/lines menu like mine does so I was clueless as to how to remove the account. But this worked!:)

KalaraFirehawk

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
How do i delete an acount when i press google it says seting have stoped

Abudo, it seems to be an issue with a recent update. To get around that, if you open your Gallery and hit the menu button and then select Settings, it will take you into the Google account list. Then, you select the account you want to remove. It'll take you to the screen with the Sync options. If you hit the menu button, it will give you the option to Remove Account.

VelvetValkyrie

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
On my LG G4 Optimus G Pro e980....go to Accounts --> Gmail --> click account --> Hit the "menu" capacitive button on the bottom right side of your device, and the option to delete the account will appear. It took me forever to find that. Hope this helps some of you.

MarkBorovik

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I have had the exact same problem as you described in this thread and I finaly found a way to fix it by really poking arround in my settings: go to phone settings>accounts>google>click the account you want to remove (you should see sync status under each one)> press the settings button at the bottom left of the phone and choose remove account- hope this works

David Suico

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes, some models don't have those three dots/overflow menu. So here's what I did with mine... settings - accounts - Google - select account - now tap on the menu button below, then the menu pops up with the remove option will show. just follow the image below.

Macy Penna

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Without my permission Google gave me a G-mail account and then used my current E-mail account as a secondary account. I have tried everything that has been printed to delete this G-Mail account which I did not authorize and do not want. Now my G-Mail is being hacked and I cannot delete it. I am now considering just deleting my entire google account altogether since Google obviously will not let me delete just the G-Mail account. I hope you find success in your endeavor but with what has hapened to me I doubt it.

deadly7cyn

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
I have almost the same problem! A person read their mail on my tablet. I removed his google account but i keep getting the message "error signing in ..... account". Moreover, his real name appeared instead of mine by my pic on the tablet!

taylor_rassi

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
Thank you! I was having a similar issue. I have a Galaxy S4 with Android V5.0.1

In sync settings, I clicked on the google account, then having the phone in landscape allowed me to press the 3 bar icon (The back-lit-when-you-touch-it one that is off the screen) so that a menu popped up with "remove account" available. All this time and I could have just held my phone sideways...

dmskim

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site
Solustion: Re: Why can't I delete google accounts?

After searching and getting the run arond the solution was so simple but extremely stupid on developers!

Setting - Accounts - Google

Here you will see the account you want. click on the one you no longer want.

here you will have on or off choices.

HOLD DOWN the RETURN botton and you can now just remove the account.

They DO NOT HAVE a three dot botton on top.

Tahmidhossainniloy

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
I have figured out the problem. First let me tell you, there are two types of solution.

1st: To delete any account(FB, Google etc), go to your phone settings. You will see "Accounts" option. Enter. Click on the type of your account(Google, Facebook).
To remove the account , click the 3 horizontal lines icon on your phone's top right. You will see 2 options. i) sync account, ii) remove account.
You know what to do.

Now for the 2nd solution
2nd: In this case, you will not see the 3 horizontal lines icon. Therefore you won't be able delete your account like I told you in 1st solution. Instead after you click your account you will have to press the 3 horizontal lines in your phone. Don't get it ? Check the bottom of your phone. Not the screen. You should have 3 buttons. There you have the magic button.
You will see the same options. Sync account and remove account. Again you know what to do.. :)

Thanks for seeing the answer. I hope it helped.

klinefinedesign

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
everyone on this page. I love you. I had two phones..
Samsung Galaxy s5 and S7. I used the s5 with hangouts dialer to call myself on the s7 to find the phone and it worked. yesterday , brilliant me deleted a gmail account on pc, and both phones got screwed up and there was a caution sign and hours were spent trying to fix it.. . called metropcs. no help. this forum helped me..

G O_Rsb

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
Do u guys know how to delete a google account off your phone on a Samsung S7 edge????? I cant do it and have been trying for weeks

sheem17

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
Guys
I have an issue with my samsung s8 when am trying to remive google account one mesages pops and its shows that “this account needed to run some apps’’so anyone can help me to remove my google account pls

Michael K2

May 28, 2018
Visit site
I was reading this entry in hopes to figure out my husbands issue with trying to remove his brother from his Note 3. Nothing anyone said helped, and then it finally came to me and I feel so stupid. I have the Samsung S5 so it's set up differently and I do have the three dots that everyone is talking about. But for the likes of Note 3 and other similar devices...

1. Settings
2. Accounts
3. Google
4. Choose account and let it open to the sync to where you choose what syncs or not.
5. Hit the soft key on your phone that has the three lines. It should be at the bottom of your phone on the left side of your button. It will then pull up the 'delete account' menu option on the bottom left of the screen.

Hope this helps all those past who haven't figured it out yet and all those in the future who have the same issue.

I tried all the other suggestions on my S4 and this is the one that finally worked! Thank you!