Hi all, this is kinda lengthy, but I want to give as much detail as possible.
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active running Lollipop 5.0.1. It's been updated to lollipop for about 6 months and everything was great.
    Last week, I was driving down the road with my car stereo aux cord plugged into the headphone jack just like I do everyday. Well, I had to stop for a minute and got out. When I got back in my pickup I plugged my phone back in and went to play a song and noticed that no sound was coming out. On the screen it said the song was playing. I unplugged the phone and no sound from the external speaker either. I then restarted the phone and it began to work for a bit. Then it would play one song then not the next. (on the screen again it said it was playing, but no sound) Next, I pulled the battery for about 2 minutes and it seemed to fix everything. Then I went to play a podcast and the phone said it couldn't play that type of file. (I have played hundreds of hours of podcasts before this point)
    Next, I went to call my wife and I couldn't hear anything from the headset speaker. Restarted again and I could call and hear.
    That evening I did a factory reset and it seemed to fix everything. I could hear phone calls, music, youtube videos, etc.
    The next day everything still seemed to work until later that afternoon I went to make a call and the phone said I was connected, but again, I couldn't hear the person on the other end.
    I also have noticed that when I restart the phone and the AT&T chime plays then I'll have sound. But when the AT&T logo comes on and no chime, then no sound.
    It has since locked up a couple times, or slowed down to a crawl. This has been a great phone up until this past week.
    Please Help!!!!! Thank you!!!
    11-29-2015 12:54 PM
    Wipe system cache via recovery mode.

Other than that, I'd suggest doing a FDR.
    11-29-2015 01:36 PM
    Thanks dumpedduce. I wiped the system cache and it still didn't help. What is a FDR?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-29-2015 03:22 PM
    I beleive it stands for factory data reset but id wait on him to correct me if im wrong

Posted via my Samsung galaxy S5
    11-30-2015 05:20 AM