06-24-2013 09:51 PM
158 12345 ...
tools
    At $649.00 its only $20 more than you would pay for the TMO S4 at their new uncarrier pricing ($149.00 down +$20 for 24 months = 480. 480 + 149 = $629)....

~S
    05-15-2013 02:51 PM
    Hey guys, quick question... been with apple since the 1st iphone and now making the switch to s4 with verizon.....what the big difference with the Google edition compared to the s4 i have on pre-order?...Will a first android user even be able to tell the difference? Whats the benefits with the Google edition if i just plan on keeping everything stock, maybe use a 3rd party launcher here and there?
    05-15-2013 02:54 PM
    When I spoke to them about canceling they said $350 per account, how'd you manage $190?

Sent from my shattered, re-stocked VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    They deduct $10/month from $350 for each month you honor the contract.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-15-2013 02:57 PM
    I've really enjoyed (elsewhere) reading people downplaying this. If you thought the One/S4 thing was bad before, it'll most likely get a lot worse. At least it's entertaining.
    WHY WASN'T THE ONE CHOSEN!!?!?

IT'S THE ONE!! IT'S MADE FROM ALUMINUM!!!!!!

Or something like that.
    05-15-2013 03:15 PM
    WHY WASN'T THE ONE CHOSEN!!?!?

IT'S THE ONE!! IT'S MADE FROM ALUMINUM!!!!!!

Or something like that.
    Almost verbatim. I'd be curious to see the reaction if it was the One instead of the S4, but such is life.
    05-15-2013 03:21 PM
    So now comes the obvious question...who is going to return their new 32GB S4 and wait for the Google 16GB version?

Me, personally I'm sticking with my 32GB and hoping that the image for the google version can be flashed on it
    demlasjr and skiner5246 like this.
    05-15-2013 03:21 PM
    Andoird 4.3... its real. it showed up on server logs. Why not at i/o?
    ConTejas likes this.
    05-15-2013 03:26 PM
    Does this version have the Snapdragon processor? or the Exynos processor?
    05-15-2013 03:27 PM
    Awesome idea - if only it were on a network I'd consider using.

msndrstood likes this.
    05-15-2013 03:28 PM
    Does this version have the Snapdragon processor? or the Exynos processor?
    I would think it'll have snapdargon given that it's going to be sold for AT&T and T-mobile networks here. That would be just wrong if that put a Exynos octa on it LOL.
    05-15-2013 03:47 PM
    Hey guys, quick question... been with apple since the 1st iphone and now making the switch to s4 with verizon.....what the big difference with the Google edition compared to the s4 i have on pre-order?...Will a first android user even be able to tell the difference? Whats the benefits with the Google edition if i just plan on keeping everything stock, maybe use a 3rd party launcher here and there?
    You'll lose all the bells, whistles, gimmicks, and kitchen sink apps that Samsung has taken to throwing on their phones these days. You'll gain a powerful, stock Android experience. If you want to compare the software, I would go into a T-Mobile store and play with the normal GS4 and the Nexus 4 side-by-side. That way you can see what bits you'd lose by going with the stock Android version of the GS4.

Also note that you'd have to go with either AT&T or T-Mo to use this version of the GS4. It doesn't support CDMA networks like Verizon.
    05-15-2013 03:49 PM
    Almost verbatim. I'd be curious to see the reaction if it was the One instead of the S4, but such is life.
    I'd say because it's very likely that HTC will win the Nexus bid this year and the N5 will be the One on roids. At least I sure hope so
    05-15-2013 04:01 PM
    I'd say because it's very likely that HTC will win the Nexus bid this year and the N5 will be the One on roids. At least I sure hope so
    Very possible, especially with Google's penchant for releasing a Nexus with a shotty camera.

I kid, I kid.
    scorpiodsu and guinnkevinr like this.
    05-15-2013 04:05 PM
    I thought I read somewhere that LG was doing the nexus again. Hmmmmmmmm. I like samsung's flagship galaxy series but I hate their nexus phones. Not sure why.

- - - Updated - - -

Very possible, especially with Google's penchant for releasing a Nexus with a shotty camera.

I kid, I kid.
    You mean like the Galaxy Nexus......... that camera was the worst. And I ain't kidding LOL.
    05-15-2013 04:10 PM
    It's been said that LG is doing the next nexus.

Posted from my amazing white Galaxy S4
    05-15-2013 04:49 PM
    LG overwhelmingly seems to be the one to make the N5. It was apparently between Samsung and LG and well, we now have a new Samsung Nexus.
    05-15-2013 04:51 PM
    It's been said that LG is doing the next nexus.

Yeah, that's called a rumor, ya know? Google generally awards the bid to whomever impresses them via innovation. LG won the N4 bid due to it's build quality and wireless charging. I'm basing my guess that HTC will win the N5 bid because you'd have a tough time arguing, today, that any other Android OEM could match the innovation HTC has brought in 2013 with the ultrapixel camera, all aluminum body, and boomsound/front facing stereo speakers.
    05-15-2013 04:55 PM
    Yeah, that's called a rumor, ya know? Google generally awards the bid to whomever impresses them via innovation. LG won the N4 bid due to it's build quality and wireless charging. I'm basing my guess that HTC will win the N5 bid because you'd have a tough time arguing, today, that any other Android OEM could match the innovation HTC has brought in 2013 with the ultrapixel camera, all aluminum body, and boomsound/front facing stereo speakers.
    Come on man, you don't know the reason why anyone "won" the Nexus bid LOL. What device prior did LG have that warranted some sort of praise for build quality? I'd take rumors like the below over some subjective things that may or may not matter when it comes to Google selecting a OEM. Sorry dude. Not saying I really care but stop making stuff up LOL.

LG reportedly confirmed to build the Nexus 5 smartphone - GSMArena.com news
    maryjane2300 likes this.
    05-15-2013 05:08 PM
    I still rather have the touch wiz version, but it would be nice to experience pure Google for once. There's just no way I'd pay $600+ for a phone that I'm only going to use for 2 years. Seems that's the life expectancy of these smartphones now a days anyway.
    05-15-2013 05:15 PM
    Come on man, you don't know the reason why anyone "won" the Nexus bid LOL. What device prior did LG have that warranted some sort of praise for build quality? I'd take rumors like the below over some subjective things that may or may not matter when it comes to Google selecting a OEM. Sorry dude. Not saying I really care but stop making stuff up LOL.

LG reportedly confirmed to build the Nexus 5 smartphone - GSMArena.com news
    Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the evidence, at least not in the 3 mins I cared enough to look for it. That said, I promise you the entire internetz that what I said was nearly a verbatim quote from a Google executive (not name dropping since I'm unsure exactly whom) in an interview after the N4 was released. You really think nobody asks "why did you choose XYZ OEM this year?" You obviously do not understand the OEM bid process. They show up WITH prototype units to show off. They don't need some existing device in the wild. If they did, LG wouldn't make the N4. So, my guess having HTC build the N5 is fair enough. It's a semi-educated guess, that's all. I'd be perfectly happy with LG building it, and most likely anyone else.
    05-15-2013 05:25 PM
    People need to get over Google not choosing HTC. HTC can barely build the One for themselves and they're supposed to supply Google as well? Samsung can more readily make the device and in a way the S4 is like the Nexus 4 in terms of opening the phone up and tinkering. You can't do that with a One.

There won't be a "Nexus One" and LG looks to be making the Nexus 5. Buy a One, break the bootloader and load a ROM if you want stock on an HTC phone. That, or get over it.
    Air Force One likes this.
    05-15-2013 05:29 PM
    Exciting times for us GS4 users

I'd like to just pass on my condolences to HTC, Sony, LG and their owners, the One, Xperia Z and Optimus G Pro they fought well. Better luck next time chaps!
    05-15-2013 06:13 PM
    People need to get over Google not choosing HTC. HTC can barely build the One for themselves and they're supposed to supply Google as well? Samsung can more readily make the device and in a way the S4 is like the Nexus 4 in terms of opening the phone up and tinkering. You can't do that with a One.

There won't be a "Nexus One" and LG looks to be making the Nexus 5. Buy a One, break the bootloader and load a ROM if you want stock on an HTC phone. That, or get over it.
    Thank you!!

05-15-2013 06:15 PM
    Just when it seemed like the HTC One vs. Galaxy S4 rivalry was calming down it looks like the GS4GE vs Nexus war is heating up.
    05-15-2013 06:26 PM
    Just when it seemed like the HTC One vs. Galaxy S4 rivalry was calming down it looks like the GS4GE vs Nexus war is heating up.
    That's what happens when people THINK they know everything.

05-15-2013 06:36 PM
158 12345 ...