06-24-2013 09:51 PM
158 ... 4567
tools
    And we all know what a runaway success the N4 was in the marketplace.
    I know you're being sarcastic, but the N4 was actually a HUGE success for Google. It sold 100,000 units in under an hour. It gave stock Android exposure. I've seen more N4s than any other Android phone but the S3. I'd call that a success.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Aquila likes this.
    05-16-2013 10:26 AM
    Why would anyone pay $650.00 for a SGS4(to get the "Nexus" experience) when they can root a SGSIII(with a vanilla rom), unlock it, and be good to go for about 1/3 the price? I've read that the Google Nexus4 has an LTE chip built-in to the phone. I'd personally wait to see the Google Nexus5.
    Please show me where I can get this $200 unlocked GS4!

05-16-2013 10:29 AM
    I've been an iPhone user for the past 6 years. I needed a phone that had a bigger screen due to my eyes being bad. So i bought the galaxy s4. I had to get used to it by far, but i really liked it considering. But i found out that it does not support my 2009 Ford Focus Microsoft Sync. I was on the Samsung tech support for an hour and 15min and they guy could not get it to work with my car no matter what we did. So i called Sync and talked to there tech support and they told me they do not support that operating system yet. But they did tell me if i get any windows phone, they will work with the sync system 100%. Well no kidding, i wonder why???? So i had to take the phone back and reactivate my iPhone. :-( So i have to wait until Samsung comes out with a software update to be compatible with Sync. One thing i liked about the S4 is the internet speed was crazy fast compared to my iPhone.
    05-16-2013 12:52 PM
    I've been an iPhone user for the past 6 years. I needed a phone that had a bigger screen due to my eyes being bad. So i bought the galaxy s4. I had to get used to it by far, but i really liked it considering. But i found out that it does not support my 2009 Ford Focus Microsoft Sync. I was on the Samsung tech support for an hour and 15min and they guy could not get it to work with my car no matter what we did. So i called Sync and talked to there tech support and they told me they do not support that operating system yet. But they did tell me if i get any windows phone, they will work with the sync system 100%. Well no kidding, i wonder why???? So i had to take the phone back and reactivate my iPhone. :-( So i have to wait until Samsung comes out with a software update to be compatible with Sync. One thing i liked about the S4 is the internet speed was crazy fast compared to my iPhone.
    Hey... What is not working with the ford? I have a 2011 explorer with sync and my nexus 4 connects via Bluetooth for both phone calls and music.....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-16-2013 01:07 PM
    From the Blog article and everything I have just finished reading from Google and Samsung this on the surface sounds like a Win - Win situation and a good colabaration between to Powerhouse companies. Nobody is going to agree with everything these companies are doing but one thing is for sure from I am reading, It has caused a buzz and sounds like there are an awful lot of folks here that want to jump on this phone when it hits the market.
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-16-2013 01:10 PM
    ITT: S4 early adopters saying this phone is "not a true Nexus" to justify their purchase.
    It isn't a Nexus device at all. It provides a similar experience, nothing more and nothing less.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    grunt0300 likes this.
    05-16-2013 01:15 PM
    It isn't a Nexus device at all. It provides a similar experience, nothing more and nothing less.

Exactly... this is in a field all of its own. Not a bad thing by any means.
    05-16-2013 01:27 PM
    Exactly... this is in a field all of its own. Not a bad thing by any means.
    Time to kill that contract of yours and move to AT&T. :-)

Paul627g likes this.
    05-16-2013 01:28 PM
    Please show me where I can get this $200 unlocked GS4!

Read my quote. I said why get the SGS4, when you can get an unlocked, rooted SGSIII, for 1/3 the price. Got it now?
    05-16-2013 03:12 PM
    I'm not going to lie. I thought the S4 was the most awesome phone I have had no desire to own. Now, I kind of want them to take my money...
    05-16-2013 03:55 PM
    I'm not going to lie. I thought the S4 was the most awesome phone I have had no desire to own. Now, I kind of want them to take my money...
    Yeah, I had no real interest in upgrading from my GS3, but now..
    Doesn't matter though. Verizoned.
    cheeta186 likes this.
    05-16-2013 04:19 PM
    Engadget had some time with one. No special camera modes, no touchwiz features at all. That makes me REALLY curious about camera output. This might NOT be the one to get unless the community gets TouchWiz ROMs ported over. Yeah, there are some good things about TouchWiz, even for those people that hate it, and one is the really well done camera app.
    05-16-2013 04:30 PM
    Is Verizon getting this?
    05-16-2013 04:32 PM
    If this device wasn't going to be so expensive then I would buy it, but I guess I'll just wait for the next Nexus.

Sent from my HTC One
    grunt0300 likes this.
    05-16-2013 04:36 PM
    I love TW personally and always stick with TW Roms on my S3 for the best stability.

As for Vzw getting this device....it hasn't been announced yet. If they do, it'll be well after all the other carriers. I think Verizon will wait and see how well it sells on other carriers before they decide. Especially since they won't be able to load it with bloat the way they do all their other devices.

tap'n
    05-16-2013 04:37 PM
    I love TW personally and always stick with TW Roms on my S3 for the best stability.

As for Vzw getting this device....it hasn't been announced yet. If they do, it'll be well after all the other carriers. I think Verizon will wait and see how well it sells on other carriers before they decide. Especially since they won't be able to load it with bloat the way they do all their other devices.

tap'n
    The only reason why Touchwiz roms are more stable on the S3 is because they are full compatible. AOSP on the S3 is a hackjob. AOSP on the Google S4 will be as stable, if not more so, than Touchwiz on the S4.

How can you even take anything called Touchwiz seriously?
    05-16-2013 04:53 PM
    It doesn't download the phone book so that i can make calls out. Now if i go into my contacts and hand pick a number and dial it from my phone, it will go through my Sync speakers. but when i tell Sync to call someone, it says,(NO CONTACTS LISTED. DO YOU WISH TO DOWNLOAD YOUR PHONE BOOK?) I then say yes. It shows downloading phone book. After 2 minutes, it says download complete and goes back to the phone menu. then when i tell it to call mom, it says (NO CONTACTS IN PHONE BOOK. DO YOU WISH TO DOWNLOAD YOUR PHONE BOOK?) and over and over. It shows my Bluetooth is connected on my sync. And when i tell it Bluetooth audio, it says (NO BLUETOOTH DEVICE CONNECTING. SCANNING FOR BLUETOOTH DEVICE...............NO BLUE TOOTH DEVICE DETECTED.) So that's when i called Samsung tech support and spent over an hour with them trying to make it work.
    05-16-2013 06:14 PM
    Is Verizon getting this?
    No.

Aquila likes this.
    05-16-2013 06:19 PM
    No.

Because its a GSM unlocked phone and CDMA is different.

Posted via Android Central App
    Aquila, Paul627g and return_0 like this.
    05-16-2013 08:39 PM
    Because its a GSM unlocked phone and CDMA is different.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yeah, we don't take well to CDMA around these here parts

05-16-2013 09:31 PM
    Hey... What is not working with the ford? I have a 2011 explorer with sync and my nexus 4 connects via Bluetooth for both phone calls and music.....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    2012 Ford edge here ... Works fine

05-16-2013 10:05 PM
    It doesn't download the phone book so that i can make calls out. Now if i go into my contacts and hand pick a number and dial it from my phone, it will go through my Sync speakers. but when i tell Sync to call someone, it says,(NO CONTACTS LISTED. DO YOU WISH TO DOWNLOAD YOUR PHONE BOOK?) I then say yes. It shows downloading phone book. After 2 minutes, it says download complete and goes back to the phone menu. then when i tell it to call mom, it says (NO CONTACTS IN PHONE BOOK. DO YOU WISH TO DOWNLOAD YOUR PHONE BOOK?) and over and over. It shows my Bluetooth is connected on my sync. And when i tell it Bluetooth audio, it says (NO BLUETOOTH DEVICE CONNECTING. SCANNING FOR BLUETOOTH DEVICE...............NO BLUE TOOTH DEVICE DETECTED.) So that's when i called Samsung tech support and spent over an hour with them trying to make it work.
    Thats weird. ... ive not seen any of those issues with any android phone (htc one x, galaxy nexus, note 2, nexus 4 or the s4).

I do know that ford put out a rather large update to the sync system sometime last year. .... perhaps there is an update for your car.....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    05-16-2013 11:09 PM

1) Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition
    2)Google Play Music update
    3)Google Play Games
    4)Google+ And Hangouts
    5)Google Play Store
    6)Google TV
    05-16-2013 11:22 PM
    So true
    05-17-2013 02:13 AM
    I like some features of the touchwiz
    I just added the S4 and I have till the end of the month to decide or return it.
    I get everything I need from Google with Apps
    Hating the Bloatware on the Samsung with no way to remove it. I still got my iPhone5.
    I am not so happy with AT&T so. No support for Hangouts on cell? I have not even tried it yet.
    And as it seems the Google wallet is not working with AT&T either?
    If I was getting the google version it would not make a difference on AT&T? I tested T-Mobile for a month and it stinks evenso I am in an LTE area.
    I really do not want to pay that much right now as I save my cash for $1500 Glass purchase.
    But as I get from this threat there will be options later on to unlock and or get to root it, to get some of the junk off ?
    05-17-2013 06:31 AM
158 ... 4567