Samsung Galaxy S4 GE REMOVES ALL Samsung Features

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Your last sentence is flat out wrong. The only area touchwiz and sense are better is with the camera features.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Source?

Stock Android is behind on

-camera features
-air view
-voice control (I mean controlling apps with voice, but just opening then with Google Now)
-swipe for screen shot
-s-beam making wifi direct quick and easy

At least make them downloadable

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Source?

Stock Android is behind on

-camera features
-air view
-voice control (I mean controlling apps with voice, but just opening then with Google Now)
-swipe for screen shot
-s-beam making wifi direct quick and easy

At least make them downloadable

Half those things don't work, and half of them are gimmicks. I would not say stock is behind because it doesn't include them.

Having used all of them extensively, the only thing sense and touchwiz do better st this point are the camera features.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Half those things don't work, and half of them are gimmicks. I would not say stock is behind because it doesn't include them.

Having used all of them extensively, the only thing sense and touchwiz do better st this point are the camera features.

What doesn't work and what's the gimmicks?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Everyone that complains about how stock android is better had better not complain at all now. Every thread turns into "stock is better." Or " I wish they would make another phone with stock os." Nobody should complain. They are trying to give you what you want, so if all you've done on this forum is complain about what I've mentioned above, go buy one.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The only complaint I have is it should have been available when the S4 launched. They could have made it available on the play store and I don't think it would have hurt Samsung sales because few people know about it. I would have loved that.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

At least the features that are present on the Note 2 work perfectly fine for me. Of course anything someone doesn't find useful always seem to get called a gimmick. Seriously that word is getting thrown around way too much.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
At least the features that are present on the Note 2 work perfectly fine for me. Of course anything someone doesn't find useful always seem to get called a gimmick. Seriously that word is getting thrown around way too much.

Whenever someone outdoes everyone else there has to be done negativity

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Without all the Sammy and carrier bloatware, the phone will fly with that awesome hardware. There might be lag on the Sammy s4 but in the ge, I don't expect that much if any at all. Same with the htc one ge.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

They're gimmicks. Plain and simple. They don't add any functionality to the device, especially for things like s beam that only work between Samsung devices.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Whenever someone outdoes everyone else there has to be done negativity

You really honestly think those things have 'outdone' everyone else? Hate to break it to you, but other manufacturers are laughing at all of the gimmicks that Samsung is throwing at the wall as they hope to find something that sticks. Those gimmicks are not the reason Samsung has been successful, and they won't be as long as most of them don't actually work.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
S beam doesn't always work, air view is buggy as hell.

I haven't used air view by s Beam DOES WORK, all the time!

Now I know you're just hating.

They're gimmicks. Plain and simple. They don't add any functionality to the device, especially for things like s beam that only work between Samsung devices.

They do add functionality. Just because YOU don't like /want the functionality doesn't mean it's added.

This is fact.

We can go function for function and the gs4 will come out on top

You really honestly think those things have 'outdone' everyone else? Hate to break it to you, but other manufacturers are laughing at all of the gimmicks that Samsung is throwing at the wall as they hope to find something that sticks. Those gimmicks are not the reason Samsung has been successful, and they won't be as long as most of them don't actually work.

Not really they're wishing they came up with something new to add to Android.

Why do you think htc came up with Zoe? They had to bring SOMETHING new! Same with Blinkfeed

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used air view by s Beam DOES WORK, all the time!

Now I know you're just hating.

Except when it doesn't work. ;-)

They do add functionality. Just because YOU don't like /want the functionality doesn't mean it's added.

This is fact.

No, they don't, and no it's not a fact. First, for it to add functionality it would actually gave to work. It's been proven most of Samsung's new features don't actually work.

We can go function for function and the gs4 will come out on top

Purely by numbers, yes. But that doesn't mean anything if the features don't work. Stock android is still better than touchwiz any way you slice it.

Not really they're wishing they came up with something new to add to Android.

Why do you think htc came up with Zoe? They had to bring SOMETHING new! Same with blinkfeed

Yeah, no. They see what Samsung is doing and roll their eyes. There's a difference between adding useful and functional things and just adding things and hoping that they stick. What do you want to bet that on the S5 half of the 'features' introduced on the S4 are stripped out?

Nothing Samsung introduces is cohesive and relevant. It's a disparate set of things, none of which work well, and none of which work well together. I'd rather have stock android and apps from the market to fill in gaps than any of Samsung's proprietary, ill advised, and ill thought out, crap.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Except when it doesn't work. ;-)

No, they don't, and no it's not a fact. First, for it to add functionality it would actually gave to work. It's been proven most of Samsung's new features don't actually work.

Purely by numbers, yes. But that doesn't mean anything if the features don't work. Stock android is still better than touchwiz any way you slice it.

Yeah, no. They see what Samsung is doing and roll their eyes. There's a difference between adding useful and functional things and just adding things and hoping that they stick. What do you want to bet that on the S5 half of the 'features' introduced on the S4 are stripped out?

Nothing Samsung introduces is cohesive and relevant. It's a disparate set of things, none of which work well, and none of which work well together. I'd rather have stock android and apps from the market to fill in gaps than any of Samsung's proprietary, ill advised, and ill thought out, crap.

Lol@ the word desperate being used to describe Samsung.

Seriously?

Desperation is more so HTC.

And I need to see some proof that these features don't work.

Only Samsung feature I've ever seen that didn't work was smart stay.

S Beam ALWAYS works. I do it DAILY

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried out almost all the features on an S4 at Future shop, aside from Smart Stay they all worked. People saying otherwise have a defective unit, or are just grasping for half-*** excuses to bash Samsung devices.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Lol@ the word desperate being used to describe Samsung.

Seriously?

Desperation is more so HTC.

And I need to see some proof that these features don't work.

Only Samsung feature I've ever seen that didn't work was smart stay.

S Beam ALWAYS works. I do it DAILY

None of Samsung's eye tracking features work. S beam sporadically throws up transfer errors. Air view doesn't always work either. (Too sensitive on the S4, so it selects what you're trying to preview)

Samsung is under the mistake assumption that people buy their phones because of these features, so they're desperate to keep throwing new ones out there, even at the expense of putting out ones that don't work. Samsung just isn't good at software, and they never have been.

Also, go look up the definitions of the word disparate and desperate. They don't mean the same thing.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I tried out almost all the features on an S4 at Future shop, aside from Smart Stay they all worked. People saying otherwise have a defective unit, or are just grasping for half-*** excuses to bash Samsung devices.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Yes, all those reviewers surely must by lying. So must the users that report exactly the same things.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

Once again it's only a gimmick to people that have no intention of using those features. If it is about functionality then some of those features wouldn't be gimmicks at all especially the multi-screen and the S-Pen since I do a lot more than I would do on a normal device. Remove those and my Note is just a giant phone and same applies to any non Nexus device. Don't see why S-Beam is worth mentioning as it is purely for Samsung's ecosystem and no different than any other manufacturer's exclusive features or programs.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Once again it's only a gimmick to people that have no intention of using those features. If it is about functionality then some of those features wouldn't be gimmicks at all especially the multi-screen and the S-Pen since I do a lot more than I would do on a normal device. Remove those and my Note is just a giant phone and same applies to any non Nexus device. Don't see why S-Beam is worth mentioning as it is purely for Samsung's ecosystem and no different than any other manufacturer's exclusive features or programs.

Please note, I didn't say the multi window and s pen were gimmicks, because they're not.

However, things like smart stay, smart scroll and the like are all gimmicks. They don't work, and they're a waste of processing power.

Last edited:

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Please note, I didn't say the multi app and s pen were gimmicks, because they're not.

However, things like smart stay, smart scroll and the like are all gimmicks. They don't work, and they're a waste of processing power.

I never bothered with Smart Stay and I don't think Smart Scroll is available on the Note, so I suppose those aren't the most useful of features but you have the option of turning those features off. The only other feature that comes to mind is Air View and it works great with the S-Pen but I have no idea how well it works with your finger on the S4.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I never bothered with Smart Stay and I don't think Smart Scroll is available on the Note, so I suppose those aren't the most useful of features but you have the option of turning those features off. The only other feature that comes to mind is Air View and it works great with the S-Pen but I have no idea how well it works with your finger on the S4.

The big problem I had was that airview liked to select things that I was trying to view. It makes sense with the s pen, but I just don't get it with the S4.

Oh and all the hand waving gestures didn't work well. Maybe one out of four times they would actually register. Ended up turning all those off too.