Samsung Galaxy S4 GE REMOVES ALL Samsung Features

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, all those reviewers surely must by lying. So must the users that report exactly the same things.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

These days, you never know. Can you confirm they're telling the truth? No, you can't.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
These days, you never know. Can you confirm they're telling the truth? No, you can't.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

I can because I had an S4. None of the sweep gestures worked properly. None of the eye tracking stuff worked at all.

If all the reviewers are saying one thing, as are a bunch of users, and you're trying to claim something different, who should we believe?

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I can because I had an S4. None of the sweep gestures worked properly. None of the eye tracking stuff worked at all.

If all the reviewers are saying one thing, as are a bunch of users, and you're trying to claim something different, who should we believe?

So you're saying the features don't work for 10 million+ other people because they didn't work for you, is that what I'm getting from this? I haven't read anything but this post and the one you quoted so I'm just trying to make sure.

Who are you again?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So you're saying the features don't work for 10 million+ other people because they didn't work for you, is that what I'm getting from this? I haven't read anything but this post and the one you quoted so I'm just trying to make sure.

Who are you again?

Read the other posts. Then you'll understand.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that I will miss is the camera features. That is actually a pretty big thing.

Also S beam seems to work 99.5% of the time which is a good enough margin for me, and smart stay always work as well. But these were galaxy S3 features, so I cannot speak about it on the GS4.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

And yet there are people that have the S4 and say they do work. And believe whoever you want but as soon as you start taking people's opinions as fact, you become a fool. I know they work, they won't always work due to a defective unit or they won't work the way people expect them to and they use that as an excuse to claim they don't work but they definitely can work very well.

Again, you can't confirm whose right and whose wrong because everyone's experience is different, and you definitely can't confirm that someone is telling the truth when all you do is read text on a screen.

Posted via Android Central App

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
And yet there are people that have the S4 and say they do work. And believe whoever you want but as soon as you start taking people's opinions as fact, you become a fool. I know they work, they won't always work due to a defective unit or they won't work the way people expect them to and they use that as an excuse to claim they don't work but they definitely can work very well.

Again, you can't confirm whose right and whose wrong because everyone's experience is different, and you definitely can't confirm that someone is telling the truth when all you do is read text on a screen.

Posted via Android Central App

I've not yet heard a single person saying the eye tracking software works.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Lets try and keep this conversation civil, guys, you were doing such a good job before.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree Jennifer, keep it civilized! If you want all the touchwiz stuff get the carrier phone. If you want the phone without all the effects, go for the GE version. Quit complaining! No one is ever happy and content.....

Weaser999

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
You really honestly think those things have 'outdone' everyone else? Hate to break it to you, but other manufacturers are laughing at all of the gimmicks that Samsung is throwing at the wall as they hope to find something that sticks. Those gimmicks are not the reason Samsung has been successful, and they won't be as long as most of them don't actually work.

Which is why Samsung has 95% of the android market share.. because other manufacturers are laughing at them? Seems to me they are more like crying. Even Apple is getting nervous.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I really don't see how losing touchwiz features is actually a "loss". Ignoring the good stuff like the camera modes the list of usable features is over.
I'm just noting the obvious here, but having stock android on S4 is awesome because people can have the best hardware in the market in two flavours.
And let's face the fact that Samsung has been dealing with some upgrades issues internationally. I think the S4 will get new androids versions for only over one and a half year and then it's done, just like what happened with the S2, which was released in 2011 and can now be considered obsolete.

But with the way Google is updating Android without updating Android makes these upgrade issues somewhat irrelevant.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You really honestly think those things have 'outdone' everyone else? Hate to break it to you, but other manufacturers are laughing at all of the gimmicks that Samsung is throwing at the wall as they hope to find something that sticks. Those gimmicks are not the reason Samsung has been successful, and they won't be as long as most of them don't actually work.

Doesnt matter if they work. Ads intrigue buyers with exotic features but the vast majority use smart phones like dumb phones. Won't even miss the features

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Can you sideload the Samsung camera apps (I say apps because it looks like they have a separate apk for every mode)?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Which is why Samsung has 95% of the android market share.. because other manufacturers are laughing at them? Seems to me they are more like crying. Even Apple is getting nervous.

Apple's not getting nervous. They still make more money than Samsung, and still have a bigger share of the smartphone market.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can you sideload the Samsung camera apps (I say apps because it looks like they have a separate apk for every mode)?
The apk may need to be modified prior to being sideloaded or installed onto a device. This is very common for any OEM app when trying to install it to an AOSP device.

Weaser999

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Apple's not getting nervous. They still make more money than Samsung, and still have a bigger share of the smartphone market.

Everyone knows Apple has more marketshare.. the question is, is it increasing or decreasing?

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Not phantom lag. The lag is real, and it is caused by the S4's feature bloat.

I read the brief article and through the thread and a key question is how much native on-board 16GB memory is actually recovered by omitting TW interface and pre-installed OEM & carrier apps (a pristine TW S4 only has about 9GB of 16GB free out of the box)? Would have been nice if one of the engaget screen shot photos included a peek at the memory usage applet in the settings memu.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12