Samsung Galaxy S4 GE REMOVES ALL Samsung Features

Shadowauthor

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Apple's not getting nervous. They still make more money than Samsung, and still have a bigger share of the smartphone market.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Correct. I switched this past weekend from the iPhone 4S to the Galaxy S4. I'd owned every iPhone since the first one up to that point, but I was sick of the same-old-same-old and wanted a change. The locked-in attitude of Apple's ecosystem sucks. I was sick of jailbreaking just to get features that are available on Android stock. Apple is making money in spite of themselves and despite the fact that they haven't really innovated much since the original iPhone. iOS is a joke. It's like the Playskool version of a mobile OS. Android lags behind for two reasons:

1 - Fragmentation between devices and carriers. Android doesn't universally have OS deployments between carriers and devices. This hurts them.

2 - Android gives the impression from the outside that it's difficult to use. Apple's iOS is fall-down stupid easy to use. No wonder everyone under the sun wants to use it. You can be dumb as a box of rocks and still hang with the 'in crowd'. Android might take a little more effort, but the final results are 1000x better. And perception is reality in the consumer space.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, whats not stock android? What are the pros/cons of the google s4 vs. the Samsung?

Uhh...seriously? Sorry, I'm not going to spend the time listing all of the things that this S4 won't have, because its freely available if you google it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The missing elements should be made available to Samsung Google phone buyers through the play store. When I go to a restaurant I don't want everything on the menu... but a little of this and a little of that doesn't leave me feeling stuffed.. like a stock gs4 is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Correct. I switched this past weekend from the iPhone 4S to the Galaxy S4. I'd owned every iPhone since the first one up to that point, but I was sick of the same-old-same-old and wanted a change. The locked-in attitude of Apple's ecosystem sucks. I was sick of jailbreaking just to get features that are available on Android stock. Apple is making money in spite of themselves and despite the fact that they haven't really innovated much since the original iPhone. iOS is a joke. It's like the Playskool version of a mobile OS. Android lags behind for two reasons:

1 - Fragmentation between devices and carriers. Android doesn't universally have OS deployments between carriers and devices. This hurts them.

2 - Android gives the impression from the outside that it's difficult to use. Apple's iOS is fall-down stupid easy to use. No wonder everyone under the sun wants to use it. You can be dumb as a box of rocks and still hang with the 'in crowd'. Android might take a little more effort, but the final results are 1000x better. And perception is reality in the consumer space.

When I first read about Android I thought that every phone would be like an unlocked Nexus.. just with some removable features added.... how naive I was.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

banboy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I need your input right now. I played with Tmobile galaxy s4 , and it has lot's of tmobile apps and when i checked the running apps it showed the Ram size that has been used and Ram that still free. It showed 1.2 gb free and the rest is been used for tmobile 3rd party apps that is useless from my point of view but still we can't delete them or turn it off. and talking about google edition , do you think the google edition OS will make much different in RAM to Tmobile galaxy s4 ?

cause I'm freak out when ram is only left like 100mb it will running heavily and it will cause a huge lagging in android phone, am I right ? or is it depend how big the processor and the core ?

and one thing is I wanna get galaxy s4 but I'm really confuse right now, cause I love galaxy s4 that in google edition, but the price is sickkkkkk . and the tmobile galaxy s4 right now, lot's of people selling their brand new Tmobile galaxy s4 through craigslist and it's 300 cheaper compare to the google edition . and my heart is belong to google edition right now cause I'm using google samsung nexus and it still work as a charm , and I can swap the battery anytime I want and the OS that running in my google device is so much easy compare other android smartphone that belong to carrier such as at&t , tmobile . I hate it when they put lot's of useless apps into android smartphone .

and I'm using macbook pro , macintosh. and I don't know if they have easy apps to guide user how to root android smartphone nowadays even if they use macintosh daily .

so my point is I'm confuse between tmobile galaxy s4 and galaxy s4 google edition. it will be $700 after tax and with shipping probably will be $715 or $730 in front of my door .

rubi76

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Guys, I need your input right now. I played with Tmobile galaxy s4 , and it has lot's of tmobile apps and when i checked the running apps it showed the Ram size that has been used and Ram that still free. It showed 1.2 gb free and the rest is been used for tmobile 3rd party apps that is useless from my point of view but still we can't delete them or turn it off. and talking about google edition , do you think the google edition OS will make much different in RAM to Tmobile galaxy s4 ?

cause I'm freak out when ram is only left like 100mb it will running heavily and it will cause a huge lagging in android phone, am I right ? or is it depend how big the processor and the core ?

and one thing is I wanna get galaxy s4 but I'm really confuse right now, cause I love galaxy s4 that in google edition, but the price is sickkkkkk . and the tmobile galaxy s4 right now, lot's of people selling their brand new Tmobile galaxy s4 through craigslist and it's 300 cheaper compare to the google edition . and my heart is belong to google edition right now cause I'm using google samsung nexus and it still work as a charm , and I can swap the battery anytime I want and the OS that running in my google device is so much easy compare other android smartphone that belong to carrier such as at&t , tmobile . I hate it when they put lot's of useless apps into android smartphone .

and I'm using macbook pro , macintosh. and I don't know if they have easy apps to guide user how to root android smartphone nowadays even if they use macintosh daily .

so my point is I'm confuse between tmobile galaxy s4 and galaxy s4 google edition. it will be $700 after tax and with shipping probably will be $715 or $730 in front of my door .

Get the Tmobile version, root it and put stock Android.

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Can somebody confirm that this is possible? I was told by T-mobile that I'd be allowed to root the phone, but somebody in another thread claimed that the bootloader was still occupied by Samsung firmware so that this would not equal a pure Nexus experience like the upcoming Google S4.

Get the Tmobile version, root it and put stock Android.

rubi76

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Can somebody confirm that this is possible? I was told by T-mobile that I'd be allowed to root the phone, but somebody in another thread claimed that the bootloader was still occupied by Samsung firmware so that this would not equal a pure Nexus experience like the upcoming Google S4.

From what I understood the TMobile version is actually the only one with an unlocked bootloader.
So -in theory - flashing the Google software should turn it into a Google Experience. You won't even have to root it actually.
The question might only be about the updates coming from Google itself or if we would have to back-up and install the software each time (one website was claiming that the updates will come from Google even if we side load the Google Experience software....)
Personally I am waiting to see if the Google Experience model number will be the same exact model number as the Tmobile version - then things will be clearer....
It's still $ 580 (Tmobile, and you can pay in installments) vs $ 650 in one shot.

(I am also secretly hoping Google will give $ 25 free Google Store credit on the Google Experience one... based on my hopes more than my guts...)

Another week or so and we will know!

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Puh-lease...Touchwiz is a horrendous slapped together UI.
You will root an Android phone to get what you want so whats wrong with jailbreaking an iPhone to get what you want?
You are also comparing a two and half year old phone to one just released.
Saying Apple hasn't innovated since the original iPhone tells me you don't know much about iPhones. I know a lot of very smart, very technical people who prefer iPhones. But if it makes you feel smarter to navigate around some garbage like Touchwiz have at it.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am relaxed, but what about you? You are the one that bought up the S4, and that Samsung is junk. You hate Samsung so much, but are willing to give them your money?

Hate? So if he doesn't rationalize every shortcoming of the S 4 he "hates" Samsung. Right.

Alex trebek

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Puh-lease...Touchwiz is a horrendous slapped together UI.
You will root an Android phone to get what you want so whats wrong with jailbreaking an iPhone to get what you want?
You are also comparing a two and half year old phone to one just released.
Saying Apple hasn't innovated since the original iPhone tells me you don't know much about iPhones. I know a lot of very smart, very technical people who prefer iPhones. But if it makes you feel smarter to navigate around some garbage like Touchwiz have at it.

I don't think that's necessary. Their is no need to be rude to someone just because you disagree with them. Just because you prefer Sense/Stock/iOS etc, doesn't mean you have to bash TouchWiz. You can get by just fine without rooting (Launchers etc.) and the S4 has amazing specs. Depending on his carrier, that might be one of the only flagship he can get *ahem* Verizon.

I understand a reasonable debate, but their's no need to be rude to someone sharing a well worded, informed opinion.

Sent from my Verizon S3

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Everyone knows Apple has more marketshare.. the question is, is it increasing or decreasing?

The question is who making money and how much. This is known fact and it's Apple by many orders of magnitude. Marketshare means nothing without profit. When Google makes more money from Google services on iOS than on Android and when the only Android manufacturer not losing money is Samsung there is something wrong with the Android model.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Heh, right...well worded and informed...

"Apple is making money in spite of themselves and despite the fact that they haven't really innovated much since the original iPhone."
"iOS is a joke. It's like the Playskool version of a mobile OS."
"Apple's iOS is fall-down stupid easy to use. No wonder everyone under the sun wants to use it. You can be dumb as a box of rocks and still hang with the 'in crowd'."

I don't think that's necessary. Their is no need to be rude to someone just because you disagree with them. Just because you prefer Sense/Stock/iOS etc, doesn't mean you have to bash TouchWiz. You can get by just fine without rooting (Launchers etc.) and the S4 has amazing specs. Depending on his carrier, that might be one of the only flagship he can get *ahem* Verizon.

I understand a reasonable debate, but their's no need to be rude to someone sharing a well worded, informed opinion.

Sent from my Verizon S3

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I think the Google edition S4 is only for people who really want it. I like some of the touchwiz features but I can live without them. I like stock Android more, but that's just me. I ordered one and can't wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance