07-15-2013 06:49 AM
104 123 ...
tools
    Hands On with Engadget: Hands-on with the Samsung Galaxy S 4 running stock Android 4.2

You gotta lose something to gain something

Removes Air Gesture, Camera Modes, Multi Window, Smart features, and all that other good stuff
    05-17-2013 12:35 PM
    Hands On with Engadget: Hands-on with the Samsung Galaxy S 4 running stock Android 4.2

Removes Air Gesture, Camera Modes, Multi Window, Smart features, and all that other good stuff
    I feel like that's pretty much all gain except for maybe camera modes.
    bp3dots likes this.
    05-17-2013 01:35 PM
    Damn that sucks!

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    05-17-2013 01:49 PM
    I feel like that's pretty much all gain except for maybe camera modes.
    Yeah for battery life maybe, but its a deal breaker for me...the reason I got this phone was for the camera modes and some of the other features
    05-17-2013 02:59 PM

Yeah as expected. Those things are touchwiz features, not Android so pretty much expected. I mean honestly on vanilla Android people are just going to download a bunch of additional apps to do what stock Android apps should do already. The only + is getting rid of all the bloat but I did that on my root S4. Other than that, I really see little benefit to getting device and will see 0 once AT&T's bootloader is unlocked this month.
    05-17-2013 04:52 PM
    Everyone that complains about how stock android is better had better not complain at all now. Every thread turns into "stock is better." Or " I wish they would make another phone with stock os." Nobody should complain. They are trying to give you what you want, so if all you've done on this forum is complain about what I've mentioned above, go buy one.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-17-2013 05:03 PM
    Dupe
    05-17-2013 05:08 PM
    Everyone that complains about how stock android is better had better not complain at all now. Every thread turns into "stock is better." Or " I wish they would make another phone with stock os." Nobody should complain. They are trying to give you what you want, so if all you've done on this forum is complain about what I've mentioned above, go buy one.
    Bzzt, sorry. No CDMA version.

We now return to our regular griping, already in progress.
    05-17-2013 05:08 PM
    Bzzt, sorry. No CDMA version.

We now return to our regular griping, already in progress.
    Yep. People should complain about it on the Verizon forum or with emails to Verizon. Complaining to me won't make Verizon request a certain phone.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    05-17-2013 05:18 PM
    Yep. People should complain about it on the Verizon forum or with emails to Verizon. Complaining to me won't make Verizon request a certain phone.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    True, but unlike VZW, you actually respond.
    05-17-2013 05:31 PM

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    They are already complaining about the price.
    05-17-2013 05:38 PM
    The hardware remains. If the feature is worth it, a developer will find a way to add it back. Most are gimmicky anyhow. I welcome the GE ROM Port to the Verizon S4...can't wait to jettison all Samsung software. I don't use any of it, it's junk.
    05-18-2013 10:46 AM
    The hardware remains. If the feature is worth it, a developer will find a way to add it back. Most are gimmicky anyhow. I welcome the GE ROM Port to the Verizon S4...can't wait to jettison all Samsung software. I don't use any of it, it's junk.
    Why bother getting the phone if the features are all junk, and you do not use any of them?

You hate the phone so much why did you buy it?
    05-18-2013 11:36 AM
    Why bother getting the phone if the features are all junk, and you do not use any of them?

You hate the phone so much why did you buy it?
    I'm on Verizon. The Galaxy Nexus sucked (terrible signal strength). My options are limited.
    05-18-2013 11:38 AM
    I'm on Verizon. The Galaxy Nexus sucked (terrible signal strength). My options are limited.
    Who is forcing, you to stay on Verizon?

Why don't you just switch to ATT?

You bash the phone every chance you get. Why must do that? We get it that you hate the phone. Can you please stop bashing the phone?
    05-18-2013 11:47 AM
    Who is forcing, you to stay on Verizon?

Why don't you just switch to ATT?

You bash the phone every chance you get. Why must do that? We get it that you hate the phone. Can you please stop bashing the phone?
    Carrier > phone.

Samsung makes terrible software. It deserves to be criticized. For the the hardware in the S4, the amount of lag/stutters the carrier version has proves my point.

My point will be solidified even further when the Google Editon absolutely stomps the carrier edition with zero lag and snappiness.

This thread is about the GE edition, relax.
    05-18-2013 11:53 AM
    Carrier > phone.

Samsung makes terrible software. It deserves to be criticized. For the the hardware in the S4, the amount of lag/stutters the carrier version has proves my point.

My point will be solidified even further when the Google Editon absolutely stomps the carrier edition with zero lag and snappiness.

This thread is about the GE edition, relax.
    I am relaxed, but what about you? You are the one that bought up the S4, and that Samsung is junk. You hate Samsung so much, but are willing to give them your money?
    05-18-2013 12:26 PM
    I can't say I'm impressed with Samsung's quality either. I don't hate them but audio and camera quality on my OG Droid and Nexus One were markedly superior to the GNex, mega pixel changes aside. It certainly wasn't what I expected from a Nexus.

Unfortunately this is the most Nexus-like device to potentially hit VZW in the foreseeable future, even if the chance of that happening is pretty low itself.
    05-18-2013 02:30 PM
    Most likely not, not sure if they removed the sensors or not...also the GE edition has an older processor than the Snapdragon 600
    05-18-2013 03:01 PM
    Most likely not, not sure if they removed the sensors or not...also the GE edition has an older processor than the Snapdragon 600
    It is my understanding (according to Google's release announcement) that hardware wise, they are identical. Do you have a link or other source that shows otherwise?
    05-18-2013 03:07 PM
    No it doesn't. Its identical to the regular S4.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    05-18-2013 03:09 PM
    Subscribed.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    05-18-2013 03:59 PM
    Yeah as expected. Those things are touchwiz features, not Android so pretty much expected. I mean honestly on vanilla Android people are just going to download a bunch of additional apps to do what stock Android apps should do already. The only + is getting rid of all the bloat but I did that on my root S4. Other than that, I really see little benefit to getting device and will see 0 once AT&T's bootloader is unlocked this month.
    Nexus-like updates.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-18-2013 04:09 PM
    No it doesn't. Its identical to the regular S4.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    Oh wait I'm thinking about the S4 Activ...thats the one with the lower processor...got my phones mixed up
    Benchmark: Galaxy S4 Active to feature a Snapdragon S4 Pro processor?
    05-18-2013 04:11 PM
    I really love how Google took the best hardware capable phone out there in the USA and said lets take all this bull**** out that doesn't work right and give the people what they want. Way to capitalize Google!

HTC One>galaxy>iPhone
    nokia4life likes this.
    05-18-2013 11:29 PM
104 123 ...