Stock vs touchwiz

UseFz89

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Guys please anyone who used both stock and touchwiz could answer me

Is the stock android really snappier than touchwiz ????
because last time i used touchwiz its really sluggish like there is 0.5 second delay when tapping and some lags compare to iphone 5.

If the s4 with stock android has instant response and smooth as iphone 5

It will be FTW

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Guys please anyone who used both stock and touchwiz could answer me

Is the stock android really snappier than touchwiz ????
because last time i used touchwiz its really sluggish like there is 0.5 second delay when tapping and some lags compare to iphone 5.

If the s4 with stock android has instant response and smooth as iphone 5

It will be FTW

Welcome to the forums.

In regard to TouchWiz, you could also download a different launcher like Nova or ADW. With Nova, you can change scrolling animation and speed, grid layout, color themes, and more.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, stock Android is much snappier than TouchWiz. My Nexus 4 (which has stock) is as smooth as all the iPhone 5's I've compared it to. Essentially all of the lag and stutter on Samsung phones comes from TouchWiz.

UseFz89

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Then the samsung s4 with stock android is better for me even if iam not a developer . The smoothness is all about the smart touch phone thats my opinion.

But do you know if there will be an international version of the samsung nexus phone ???

rubi76

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Then the samsung s4 with stock android is better for me even if iam not a developer . The smoothness is all about the smart touch phone thats my opinion.

But do you know if there will be an international version of the samsung nexus phone ???

The version they will sell will work in international markets.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
The quad core. Which by the way is as powerful as the octa core.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Yes it is, the only thing that the octa is better at is battery life and the GPU is a little bit better

Sent from my Galaxy S4

sooner7

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the U.S. cellular variant (S600 of course).

I have flashed basically alpha AOSP builds like Slim and CM10.1 on my S4, and both were smoother and way more fluid than the stock rom.

However, a custom TW kernel by one of our forum devs at team uscellular made a kernel that unleashed the smoothness the S4 should have come with.

If you root/rom, I recommend getting the non GE, as you can use all sorts of awesome TW roms, and switch easily to bug fee AOSP, due to there being a GE getting direct AOSP support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith