What is google edition

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just switched to andriod and I hear all about the new Google edition. What is it? What does it do? What is touchwiz and bootloader? Is it like a different phone or do you just buy it from google play

Posted via Android Central App

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Google edition phones has no carrier software and will be first to get android updates because of that fact. Touchwiz is Samsung software they put on their phones. Like a camera app tweaked, etc. A boot loader loads android when you turn your phone on. Unlocking it allows you to make changes to Android

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just switched to andriod and I hear all about the new Google edition. What is it? What does it do? What is touchwiz and bootloader? Is it like a different phone or do you just buy it from google play

Posted via Android Central App

Its all kinda in the air right now. Goigle Edition would imply no Samsung features, and no TouchWiz (user interface), replaced by Googles vanilla interface. To see wgat that is like, look at a non carrier branded nexus 7 or 10.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the AT&T version when it comes out...can't wait to get rid of this bloatware

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yep.

I'm not sure what version of the One Google is using, but the S4 they're using has the same number as T-Mobile's.

But yeah, both only compatible with GSM networks.
They're using AT&T's version basically, or maybe more specifically their own unlocked 32GB model, but it supports the same bands as AT&T's version for HSPA and LTE. I wish they'd have gone with T-Mobile's because then it'd support HSPA+ 42 on AWS(1700/2100) and 1900MHz along with LTE on the same bands as AT&T and T-Mobile. But porting from the Google Edition will happen for current T-Mobile One holders, and maybe even HTC themselves if they actually give people the option to flash Google's software.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000