Can I load an OEM ROM on a Goole Edition Galaxy S4

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering, if I bought a Google Edition Samsung Galaxy S4 could I load it with a Samsung OEM rom that had all the stuff that the carrier specific ones have (touch wiz, Samsung apps, etc.) if so where would I get the rom image?

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering, if I bought a Google Edition Samsung Galaxy S4 could I load it with a Samsung OEM rom that had all the stuff that the carrier specific ones have (touch wiz, Samsung apps, etc.) if so where would I get the rom image?

SamMobile | Everything for your Samsung Mobile
maybe the question should be "can Samsung Galaxy S4 OEM flash to Galaxy S4 Google Edition, then the 32GB version would be awesome.

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
It would seem to make more sense to purchase the carrier subsidized GS4 and flash it with stock Android than the other way around. Why pay $640 to make it the same phone that you can get on contract for $199? Unless you don't want to sign a contract, then maybe it makes sense.

Posted via Android Central App

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
It would seem to make more sense to purchase the carrier subsidized GS4 and flash it with stock Android than the other way around. Why pay $640 to make it the same phone that you can get on contract for $199? Unless you don't want to sign a contract, then maybe it makes sense.

Posted via Android Central App

I don't do contracts, I'm 14. And besides i see contracts as a waste of money, paying $80 a month for 24 months equals more than $640 if my math was correct last time I thought about it. I run on net10 and get as good as if not better than my dads att service with the same phone.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
even if you dont do contracts which i dont either, why not just by a standard s4 off contract instead of the google edition, i cannot understand why anyone would flash a google edition with touch wiz just by a regular s4!

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
even if you dont do contracts which i dont either, why not just by a standard s4 off contract instead of the google edition, i cannot understand why anyone would flash a google edition with touch wiz just by a regular s4!

It's unlocked, no touch wiz isn't a deal breaker for me.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
you can unlock the regular S4.

It just seems counter intuitive to modify a new product to be an existing product thats all im saying.

buying the GE S4 to flash roms yea sure bootloader unlocked it will be simple just cant see why you would want to go back to touchwiz that was all. and my argument is not like others where you can be subsidized versions because i never do that i was just stating it is an extra step to get something thats already there.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If someone builds the rom, I don't see why not. If the hardware is the same, you may even be able to flash roms built for other S4's.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12