Galaxy S4 Lock Screen Music Control

Dave Gallagher

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
How do I remove this from my lock screen, I just want the default digital clock to show on the lock screen when I am not listening to any music.

I've closed every application on the phone and it still wont go away.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-11-08-08-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-11-08-08-45.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 68

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site

Dave Gallagher

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I've tried messing around with all those setting but have had no luck. I tried the setting tab in the music player and there is nothing in there either...

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I've tried messing around with all those setting but have had no luck. I tried the setting tab in the music player and there is nothing in there either...

Try this. On the lock screen put your finger on the music widget and slide down. That will open up your lock screen widgets. Then simply select and drag the music widget into the trash can like you would do on your home screen. See if that works.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

sarahlp9

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone. So I am having the same issue as the OP, except that I have also tried all of the suggestions above and have not been able to get this music widget to go away. I've had the phone for a week now and this has never been on my screen until today. Long-pressing gives me no options to remove it, the only shortcut I have active is the camera icon, I have no active applications to X out of in my notification bar or my task manager. It appears that my music app is already closed, but the widget is still active on my lock screen. Here are images of what I see. If anyone sees what I am missing or has suggestions, would definitely love them bc not having a clock on my lockscreen is mildly annoying.

l704.png

j5x3.png

2zc1.png

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Is this the Google Play music player? There should be an option to disable the lockscreen widget in the settings

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

sarahlp9

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Is this the Google Play music player? There should be an option to disable the lockscreen widget in the settings

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It is not Google Play Music or Samsung Music, the app itself is just listed as "Music." I don't even have lock-screen widgets active, the music wasn't playing, and I looked in the settings for the app. No luck in getting this to disappear. I had to just restart my phone as well. I've looked in every possible setting to see if I was missing something, but no such luck.

Does it disappear after a certain amount of time? I don't even know. First time this "widget" type thing has ever appeared on my lock screen. -_____-

cybermonkey79

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I've managed to fix the issue on my phone. Home Screen -> Settings -> More -> Application Manager -> All
Scroll down to Samsung Music, select it and disable it.

I got to this by calling Samsung. They told me to clear the cache which you can do from the same screen. I'm not sure if that will fix it, I just disabled it because I use Google Music. So if you use the Samsung app you might want to just try clearing its cache and see if that fixes it.

If you do Disable it and want to re-enable it, scroll all the way to the bottom. All disabled apps show up at the bottom of your apps list. Also, there is both Music and Samsung Music. Samsung Music is the culprit. I think you could still use the Music app even if you kill the Samsung Music app. Hope this helps.

BenLauer

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you.

Nothing in this thread worked but your solution did. I signed up for an account to tell you how grateful I am.

The S4 is too smart for it's own good, just be a phone S4, quit trying to know what I'm thinking before I think it. Just be a good phone, you try too hard.

MRuckes

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I guess there is quite a big problem I found that nobody has mentioned yet and that is the moment when you register the phone with an existing google account.I did this and afterwards everything on the phone was a mess.I had f.e two Galleries and it took me some time to unserstand it.Now there is the problem with this Icon called "music".The "Samsung music" Icon never was present among my apps because after I registered the phone with my existing google account, the "Samsung music" was disabled and I didn?t manage yet to bring it back.A possible solution might be to reset the phone and to start all over with a brand new google account that was never used with any other phone, but I?m not an expert and before I try it I would like to know wether this is the right solution. You can find this out if you scroll through your widgets and install the "Samsung music" widget which leads you to a totally different surface when you tap on the big Icon on the left side of the widget.