07-03-2013 02:39 PM
106 ... 345
tools
    No shipping yet here either. I ordered immediately after it became available. Looks like we might really have to wait to the 9th for shipping.
    07-03-2013 06:18 AM
    As to 4.3: Are such custom ROMs as good as stock ROMs, i.e., will performance be on par with the "Google Edition" variants?

As to 4.2: Are these already available so I could make my S4 something virtually indistinguishable from a Google Edition (software and performance wise) now?

Finally, could anybody point me to a tutorial showing how to do this?
    In my personal opinion, no custom ROM is ever as stable as the stock ROM. I'd hold off on installing 4.3, since the leak is not the final version. As far as 4.2.2 is concerned, there should be minimal difference; after all, the Google Edition's hardware is almost identical to the T-Mobile/AT&T version.

The best place to start is the XDA Developers forum. Once there, go to the forum specifically related to Galaxy S4 (make sure it's the Snapdragon version, not the Exynos version - this is EXTREMELY important!) and find the rooting tutorial. These are almost always stickied at the top of the page.
    07-03-2013 07:47 AM
    In my personal opinion, no custom ROM is ever as stable as the stock ROM. I'd hold off on installing 4.3, since the leak is not the final version. As far as 4.2.2 is concerned, there should be minimal difference; after all, the Google Edition's hardware is almost identical to the T-Mobile/AT&T version.

The best place to start is the XDA Developers forum. Once there, go to the forum specifically related to Galaxy S4 (make sure it's the Snapdragon version, not the Exynos version - this is EXTREMELY important!) and find the rooting tutorial. These are almost always stickied at the top of the page.
    When you say stock ROM in your first sentence, are you referring to the ROM that comes on the phone out of the box, or are you referring to a leaked ROM that you can find on XDA? Android is usually pretty stable for me these days, but I would say that the custom ROM that I put on my Vibrant over two years ago was much more stable than the ROM that the Vibrant came with out of the box. Team Whiskey did some great work, though.
    07-03-2013 01:15 PM
    Lets stay on topic
    07-03-2013 01:19 PM
    When you say stock ROM in your first sentence, are you referring to the ROM that comes on the phone out of the box, or are you referring to a leaked ROM that you can find on XDA? Android is usually pretty stable for me these days, but I would say that the custom ROM that I put on my Vibrant over two years ago was much more stable than the ROM that the Vibrant came with out of the box. Team Whiskey did some great work, though.
    I am referring to the ROM that comes on the phone out of the box. I remember Team Whiskey's ROM for the Vibrant. That phone was a disaster from the get-go. Team Whiskey definitely did a good job.

I do agree with maverick. This thread is falling off track.
    07-03-2013 02:28 PM
    Yes, we will get our phones. No sense in someone like you coming onto the discussion and making your little girl snide remarks. If you don't like what is being discussed, go back down to the basement. Some of us are looking forward to getting an upgraded device and you are invited to mind your own business.
    Whoa whoa whoa. Calm down buddy. It's only a joke. I go through the same stuff when I'm waiting on a device. "Go back down to the basement". LMAO. I've been around here long enough to know the deal. So chill dude.
    07-03-2013 02:39 PM
106 ... 345