Google S4 availability and shipping?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The website mentioned above quoted no officials from Google and gave no sources for its claim that the phone would go on sale at 9am. They were probably just guessing

I know I just was posting for hell of it for those who paying attention to the time. I didn't even read the article and thought it was very unlikely since no other blog posted similar info on the time,

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am more interested on details from Google on these Google Edition devices and also to see how they royally screw up launch in typical fashion. *popcorn ready with pitch forks and torches*

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I am more interested on details from Google on these Google Edition devices and also to see how they royally screw up launch in typical fashion. *popcorn ready with pitch forks and torches*

Haha! agreed. I hadn't planned on getting one, at least not now. I'm just following what's going on and, as usual Google has a strange launch.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Weird it was such big news when these two phones was announced, but there hasn't been mentioned since??

Still not on a Google Play Store :(

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Weird it was such big news when these two phones was announced, but there hasn't been mentioned since??

Still not on a Google Play Store :(

This is the way google does their launches...poor and no direction. It has been this way since they started selling on the play store.

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

I joined this forum specifically to post this. A few minutes ago, I chatted with a Google Play rep regarding when the Google Editions will be available on the Play store. I inquired as to what time the devices will be made available for purchase and was advised to keep checking the Play store. When I asked if the phones were still on schedule to be released today, her response was that she is not allowed to discuss devices that are not yet available for sale. I can see that Google has a long way to go when it comes to customer service.

rdubbs007

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Boy am I glad that I didnt wait around for this to be released and instead bought a T-Mo version off contract ($579!). Google and their always messy releases, tsk tsk.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I joined this forum specifically to post this. A few minutes ago, I chatted with a Google Play rep regarding when the Google Editions will be available on the Play store. I inquired as to what time the devices will be made available for purchase and was advised to keep checking the Play store. When I asked if the phones were still on schedule to be released today, her response was that she is not allowed to discuss devices that are not yet available for sale. I can see that Google has a long way to go when it comes to customer service.

Same story just a different device Nexus 7,Nexus 4, White Nexus 4....so on and so forth. I learned from the Nexus 7 launch and watching the Nexus 4 launch is either wait to buy or don't expect a smooth first buy launch....ever.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Boy am I glad that I didnt wait around for this to be released and instead bought a T-Mo version off contract ($579!). Google and their always messy releases, tsk tsk.

Well no time was ever confirmed. If it launches at 12 PST, 3 EST and actually goes smoothly I will consider it a first. Right now with them only saying available on June 26 they have not butchered it yet.

K Sizl

May 22, 2013
Visit site

I got the same response. "Not sure what time. Recommend checking Google Play periodically". Seriously? That's bull****. Last night they recommended hitting refresh around midnight. WTF?

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the same response. "Not sure what time. Recommend checking Google Play periodically". Seriously? That's bull****. Last night they recommended hitting refresh around midnight. WTF?

Just so everyone knows the CSR know nothing and it is like this every year.

K Sizl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Well no time was ever confirmed. If it launches at 12 PST, 3 EST and actually goes smoothly I will consider it a first. Right now with them only saying available on June 26 they have not butchered it yet.

Agreed. Just lousy customer service. I hope I never have a problem with the phone.

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

It's absolutely ludicrous that they are being so secretive. Where's the harm in confirming whether or not the product will be available for purchase on the previously advertised release date? Google really has no business being in the retail industry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy