Google S4 availability and shipping?

esh318

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
One of the footnotes says "MicroSD card only compatible with select third party applications. Not compatible with Google services." Does that mean you can't make the phone use the SD card for taking photos/video?

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
So I got the impression in watching the dev. conference that there would be two options at the Play store, an ATT version and a T-Mobile version....then you'd click on the one you wanted based on your carrier. I'm assuming the lack of this option means this phone is fully compatible with BOTH carriers AWS bands? Called to confirm this but the Play store rep didn't really seem to know for certain. Cause if that full compatibility isn't there, data speeds won't be what they should be.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So I got the impression in watching the dev. conference that there would be two options at the Play store, an ATT version and a T-Mobile version....then you'd click on the one you wanted based on your carrier. I'm assuming the lack of this option means this phone is fully compatible with BOTH carriers AWS bands? Called to confirm this but the Play store rep didn't really seem to know for certain. Cause if that full compatibility isn't there, data speeds won't be what they should be.

yes, they work on both GSM carries (att and tmobile)

TrivialTweeter

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that the CPU listed for the Galaxy S4 Google Edition is the Qualcomm Snapdragon? S4 Pro. The HTC One GE lists the CPU as Qualcomm? Snapdragon? 600. Has the GE GS4 received a CPU downgrade? I wasn't aware of a GS4 with a S4 Pro CPU. The S4 pro is the same CPU in the Nexus 4. Is it just a typo on the webpage? I sure hope so.

*EDIT* Google has updated the page and changed the CPU to the Qualcomm? Snapdragon? 600 :)

Last edited:

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
yes, they work on both GSM carries (att and tmobile)

Yes they will work with both carriers but will they support the aws band is the question.

If no aws band and your not in a lte zone yet this phone will be pretty much crap with speeds.

We need to have this confirmation

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that the CPU listed for the Galaxy S4 Google Edition is the Qualcomm Snapdragon? S4 Pro. The HTC One GE lists the CPU as Qualcomm? Snapdragon? 600. Has the GE GS4 received a CPU downgrade? I wasn't aware of a GS4 with a S4 Pro CPU. The S4 pro is the same CPU in the Nexus 4. Is it just a typo on the webpage? I sure hope so.

Interesting catch! I'd have to hope that's merely someone missing that edit when (likely) carrying over the specs from the Nexus 4, as you mentioned.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes they will work with both carriers but will they support the aws band is the question.

If no aws band and your not in a lte zone yet this phone will be pretty much crap with speeds.

We need to have this confirmation

The bands each one supports are listed in the tech specs.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech