First Look
    06-26-2013 01:17 PM
    IMO, Google Play Edition S4 wins over the Google Play Edition One simply because of the button setup.
    06-26-2013 01:24 PM
    IMO, Google Play Edition S4 wins over the Google Play Edition One simply because of the button setup.
    Agreed but also the vast array of Samsung accessories mainly for me the the extended battery.

Google Edition to Google Play Edition....I wonder how these devices will be advertise in commercials along with the nexus line or will Google start a new advertising campaign?
    06-26-2013 01:54 PM
    Agreed. And you can disable capacitive buttons to the point where you can't even see them. Then install a hack to have the standard Nexus on-screen buttons and ta-da!
    06-26-2013 02:19 PM
    Agreed. And you can disable capacitive buttons to the point where you can't even see them. Then install a hack to have the standard Nexus on-screen buttons and ta-da!
    The one screen buttons are disabled by default on the both the s4 GE and the ONE GE. Reviews are saying the ONE is actually easier to use b.c of the button layout.
    06-26-2013 02:51 PM
    The one screen buttons are disabled by default on the both the s4 GE and the ONE GE. Reviews are saying the ONE is actually easier to use b.c of the button layout.
    I know. The OEM buttons are used by default and it's understandable. But I'd rather have Nexus layout, which is the best IMO... .and GS4 is easy to mod in this case. Can't disable and hide HTC One buttons
    06-26-2013 02:58 PM
    I know. The OEM buttons are used by default and it's understandable. But I'd rather have Nexus layout, which is the best IMO... .and GS4 is easy to mod in this case. Can't disable and hide HTC One buttons
    agreed. I just like the capacitative buttons in general, and to have a useless home button would look weird to me. I wish they had the s4 in black. I don't care for white, but the silver ONE looks better IMO.
    06-26-2013 02:59 PM
    Can you point me to right direction to complete this task? Thanks! I wish they would have added an option in the settings to enable/disable on screen buttons.
    06-26-2013 08:05 PM
    Can you point me to right direction to complete this task? Thanks! I wish they would have added an option in the settings to enable/disable on screen buttons.
    I actually haven't looked yet for gs4 since I just got it and haven't had time to root, etc.
    But you can Google "disable capacitive buttons GS4".... I know this is how I found it for gs3.
    By the way, the home button can be programmed as a camera button or wake button.
    Lemmi look... Maybe I'll find it now

Edit: [MOD] Disable capacitive buttons - xda-developers

I think CM ROM has this feature built in
    06-26-2013 10:47 PM
    Do you have a nexus 4? Just root and flash CM 10.1. It has an option to go "full screen" which will disable the buttons and then you can use Pie for nav buttons (also an option in the settings once you are on CM)
    06-27-2013 08:08 AM