What exactly do I need to do to achieve this? Is there a step-by-step tutorial somewhere?
    07-02-2013 01:39 PM
    Quite easy. I'm running the Task 650 AOKP ROM which is pure JB 4.2.2 with a ton of customizable stuff.
    07-02-2013 02:32 PM
    Quite easy. I'm running the Task 650 AOKP ROM which is pure JB 4.2.2 with a ton of customizable stuff.
    Is it legal (sorry for the stupid question)?

What exactly did you need to do to get it done? This is on an S4 (AT&T?)?

What do you mean by customizable stuff? Shouldn't there only be one "pure JB 4.2.2?

Again sorry for the stupid questions.
    07-02-2013 02:42 PM
    Is it legal (sorry for the stupid question)?

What exactly did you need to do to get it done? This is on an S4 (AT&T?)?

What do you mean by customizable stuff? Shouldn't there only be one "pure JB 4.2.2?

Again sorry for the stupid questions.
    Yes it's completely legal to do so. For pure jb 4.2.2 you would want to run a completely untouched (modified) version of aosp. Someone would have to compile and build straight aosp source without any fancy add ons with it.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    07-02-2013 04:00 PM
    Yes it's completely legal to do so. For pure jb 4.2.2 you would want to run a completely untouched (modified) version of aosp. Someone would have to compile and build straight aosp source without any fancy add ons with it.
    Can you describe the process for getting this done?
    07-02-2013 04:10 PM
    One more question: TheVerge mentioned in their review how much more snappy the GE versions were than the TW versions. Does the same apply to modded versions with these customizable ROMs on them, such as Task 650 AOKP ROM?
    07-02-2013 04:12 PM
    Can you describe the process for getting this done?
    Hmm, setting up a build environment for aosp is quite a challenge in itself, let alone actually compiling aosp source and getting it to work for your device, plus you need a Linux environment to build on. Your better off looking here [Index][S4ATT] Roms/Kernel/Recovery[Original Android & Android Development] - xda-developers although you should study what exactly root is first and please understand what you are doing when you do so.
    07-04-2013 09:22 PM
    One more question: TheVerge mentioned in their review how much more snappy the GE versions were than the TW versions. Does the same apply to modded versions with these customizable ROMs on them, such as Task 650 AOKP ROM?
    They are only snappier because they aren't loaded down with carrier specific bloatware or touchwiz. Believe it or not touchwiz takes up a massive amount of both ram and internal memory, especially on the gs4.

I personally know task, and I can tell you his roms are amazing. But to answer your question yes and no, you may see an improvement and you may not. Often times when you flash a custom rom, you are putting your phone in a developer or group of developers hands. You really have to trust them before you do the process, because if you or they do something wrong, you could seriously mess up your device. Usually however, running a custom aosp rom generally will improve the performance of your device. Not only are they also compiled directly from source, you will most likely receive updates faster, along with a custom kernel, that goes above and beyond the stock kernel.

I mean if I owned the device, and had a working build computer, I could probably put something together for you, but hey I don't so; Head on over to task's thread, I definitely recommend him head and shoulders above the rest.
    07-04-2013 09:27 PM
    Its not to hard you can do it several ways. First way you can use cyanogen mod but that isn't completely stock. You can get completely stock android from http://galaxys4root.com/t-mobile-gal...for-galaxy-s4/ . you can choose 4.2.2 odexed or deodexed or 4.3(no root). From there you just boot into recovery as described in the tutorial at that site and flash the file. If you have Att you have the flash the loki-doki file so the kernel will not reject it. One done you will have the Google edition ROM. If the new camera and wallpaper are not present( I'm no longer running this rom) you can download them from here http://androidadvices.com/download-g...ndroid-app-apk. The wallpaper is also available on the play store and is called sun beam.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    gollum18 likes this.
    07-05-2013 12:26 AM
    They are only snappier because they aren't loaded down with carrier specific bloatware or touchwiz. Believe it or not touchwiz takes up a massive amount of both ram and internal memory, especially on the gs4.
    I don't find that hard to believe at all....
    07-08-2013 02:16 PM