Galaxy S4 GE vs. T-Mobile Galaxy S4 vs. T-Mobile HTC one - Need help deciding

madtowneast

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

This is another I-need-help-deciding thread, so mea culpa to the moderators.

Long story short:

1. I have had the Droid 3 with Verizon for 2 years now and am fed up with Verizon for the most part. I barely use the minutes or the data plan because I am usually in places where there is wireless, i.e. work, home, etc. I only really need 3G when I need to look something up at the store.

2. I live in WI, so the T-Mobile service is not that great, but the $30 prize point and the network should get better here with time.

3. I also want to port my number (originally T-Mobile, then ATT, now Verizon) to Google Voice, so I can keep it when I move abroad.

4. I have been eyeing the iPhone for a while, but I don't see real advantage anymore, esp. cause all my email and contacts run through Google anyway.

I was hell bend on getting the S4GE. I wanted phone with a good camera (and good amount of storage), but not the TouchWiz/Sense/carrier bloat . After reading that the SD card cant be used as default image storage and the camera software is a little weird (and wondering what Samsung does with the pixels it apparently doesn't use), I am getting a little doubtful.

I know it is possible to get T-Mobile versions of either the G4 or the One by buying them in full and canceling the service, or rather switching the service to prepaid. So I wanted to ask you guys what you think the best option is for someone that mainly uses their phone to take pictures, make a couple calls, read the news, and listening to music with headphones.

Thanks a lot!

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't imagine someone isn't going to come up with a solution to storing images on the SD card and there is already alternative camera software you can use.

Hi all,

This is another I-need-help-deciding thread, so mea culpa to the moderators.

Long story short:

1. I have had the Droid 3 with Verizon for 2 years now and am fed up with Verizon for the most part. I barely use the minutes or the data plan because I am usually in places where there is wireless, i.e. work, home, etc. I only really need 3G when I need to look something up at the store.

2. I live in WI, so the T-Mobile service is not that great, but the $30 prize point and the network should get better here with time.

3. I also want to port my number (originally T-Mobile, then ATT, now Verizon) to Google Voice, so I can keep it when I move abroad.

4. I have been eyeing the iPhone for a while, but I don't see real advantage anymore, esp. cause all my email and contacts run through Google anyway.

I was hell bend on getting the S4GE. I wanted phone with a good camera (and good amount of storage), but not the TouchWiz/Sense/carrier bloat . After reading that the SD card cant be used as default image storage and the camera software is a little weird (and wondering what Samsung does with the pixels it apparently doesn't use), I am getting a little doubtful.

I know it is possible to get T-Mobile versions of either the G4 or the One by buying them in full and canceling the service, or rather switching the service to prepaid. So I wanted to ask you guys what you think the best option is for someone that mainly uses their phone to take pictures, make a couple calls, read the news, and listening to music with headphones.

Thanks a lot!

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site

So I wanted to ask you guys what you think the best option is for someone that mainly uses their phone to take pictures, make a couple calls, read the news, and listening to music with headphones.
Why is putting apps on your SD card important if you aren't planning on using your phone for gaming? If you store all of your pictures and music on your SD card then there's plenty of room for all the apps you'd ever want that perform those functions. I'm not saying the S4 is the right choice, but that's worth considering when making your final decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC