T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

AndroidBIO

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
If you work in an office or have constant access to wifi, this is the best way to go.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app

That sounds like a fantastic deal. The speeds are LTE right? And I usually waste 110 minutes so how much do they charge per extra minute?

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like a fantastic deal. The speeds are LTE right? And I usually waste 110 minutes so how much do they charge per extra minute?

They charge nothing per minute but unless you live in a strong LTE area the voip is gonna be weak. Hspa+ doesn't work that well with viop.

Lte in nyc is smoking fast and works super with voip.

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't really have strong enough lte here to use voip over data. I have a google voice number and I have it set to forward calls to my cell number. If I am on wifi I answer it with grooveip, if I am on cell data grooveip turns off and it just goes straight to my real cell number.

The only real downside is that when it comes in on wifi there is a little delay when I answer as technically both dialers are ringing but the grooveip dialer supercedes the cell dialer. An inelegant but effective solution.

I pretty much just give out my google voice number for business things as it accepts both calls and texts and I use my real cell with friends since they are the ones sending me mms which doesn't work with gvoice.

jsabo

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

LTE speeds, but in Los Angeles so far, I'm only getting about 8Mbps down, vs the 20Mbps down I got from AT&T. Getting about 8 up from both, though. Not clear if I need to complain about speeds or not, this is about what I got when I was on an HPSA network.

Additional minutes are supposed to be 10 cents each

Greenghost500

Banned
Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
These are my LTE speeds in the Westside of Chicago.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376011053044.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376011053044.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 10

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
These are my LTE speeds in the Westside of Chicago.

You gotta give it to tmobile. If you are in an urban environment, the lack of building penetration is worth the speed and low price. The ceo was on bloomberg today and he clearly understands what has to be done to retain and to lure people away from sprint, Verizon and AT&T. This company is gonna win....

I hate my service with tmobile but I won't switch back to Verizon.

Greenghost500

Banned
Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't have building penertration problems like I thought I was gonna have. I got those speeds in my apt in the basement.

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
U can either put money in your account either by cash in store or debit or credit card.

Ok but how does that work...would I just need another $30 in there for a other month ready even though that $30 includes data and messaging? Maybe this is more a question for tmo support but sometimes its easier to get an answer here haha.

Basically now I have it set to auto charge monthly.

Posted via Android Central App

Greenghost500

Banned
Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The extra money u put on your account goes towards extra minutes or stuff u wanna bill to your account. I think it's 10c a min.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't have building penertration problems like I thought I was gonna have. I got those speeds in my apt in the basement.

Only old buildings. Lots of brick and steel or when you're below ground.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
LTE and one HSPA test in the below screenshot :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1376052998980.jpg
    1376052998980.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 9

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm