Google Wallet? Who has used it on the Google Edition S4?

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Attempted to use Google Wallet today for the first time. The transaction wouldn't work at Macy's, but it worked fine at CVS. Same POS station at both stores, and the Macy's machine even had a sign on it advertising contactlless transactions, but it wouldn't work. The salesguy said I was the first person he'd seen try it. CVS went off without a hitch.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Attempted to use Google Wallet today for the first time. The transaction wouldn't work at Macy's, but it worked fine at CVS. Same POS station at both stores, and the Macy's machine even had a sign on it advertising contactlless transactions, but it wouldn't work. The salesguy said I was the first person he'd seen try it. CVS went off without a hitch.

I have tried the Google wallet at places that have the terminals but they do not have the functionality turned on. I wonder if that is the case. At least you know but is not your phone since CVS worked!

Just need more places to jump on the NFC bandwagon!

Sent from my GT-I9505G

Last edited:

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
How does it work? Do you go into the google wallet app first? Or just wave the phone over the paypass area? I see it at some stores but I'm always afraid to use it and hold everything up as a I wave my phone around like a dufus.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Its easy make sure u have Google wallet on and an updated card online. Make sure nfc is on also. After that just hold it up to the paypass. I've seen plenty posts of people thinking either Google wallet or the terminal isn't working because they wave the phone to fast for the process to complete. Just hold it close not wave it and it should work fine.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Its easy make sure u have Google wallet on and an updated card online. Make sure nfc is on also. After that just hold it up to the paypass. I've seen plenty posts of people thinking either Google wallet or the terminal isn't working because they wave the phone to fast for the process to complete. Just hold it close not wave it and it should work fine.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Yes and also it seems to work best in about the middle of the back of the phone. Just hold it there until the terminal beeps. Also works fine with a case on.

Many demos on you tube you can look at!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Stayed in Pearland, Texas (south of Houston) last night at a hotel in a town center with several stores and was walking back from breakfast and saw these vending machines that accepted google wallet! Pretty cool! I did not get a Coke Zero but I should have tried it out. I am seeing more and more terminals. My Whole Foods in Plano, Texas got the terminals also and GW worked great!

Attachments

• Google Wallet Vending.jpg
    Google Wallet Vending.jpg
    543 KB · Views: 17

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Just used Google Wallet on the GPE S4 to pay for my son's birthday gifts at Toys R US. Worked flawlessly. The screen on the POS terminal even displayed "Touch Your Phone" as a payment option.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Saw a similar setup at crate and barrel the other day. I was buying some wine glasses and the terminal said touch your phone or card and my son says Dad, use your phone!...so I did!

Last edited:

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
So far I've used NFC payment at CVS, Macy's and the Gap. It's fun......but not really any easier than using a cc. In fact its a little more time consuming.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
So far I've used NFC payment at CVS, Macy's and the Gap. It's fun......but not really any easier than using a cc. In fact its a little more time consuming.

Most people are looking at their phones in line these days so I find it fairly convenient. I did not know about the GAP...I need some new jeans.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I used Google Wallet yesterday to buy a coffee at 7-11. It was fun! Just tap and done. It should work at Macy's, Gap. Even the local Wal-Mart has NFC payments. I really like it a lot.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Used it the other day at she foods and the checker says "that is cool I wish iphone would get it."

I said I wish so too because if iphone had it the terminals would be everywhere. Although I am seeing more and more places lately !!!

Posted from my bada$$ GT-I9505G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781