Google Wallet? Who has used it on the Google Edition S4?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Loved it on my Nexus 4 and can't wait to use it on the S4 GPe! Anyone set up and using yet?

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Wallet? Who has used it?

I use it everywhere I can, but not a lot of places up here have NFC readers at point of sale yet.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I use it everywhere I can, but not a lot of places up here have NFC readers at point of sale yet.

I am surprised how many we have in DFW. Also Austin is a test market for ISIS and the NFC readers are everywhere and they work for Google Wallet too so maybe when ISIS does roll out we will get to use GW more. Looking forward to trying it once I get the S4 GPe. I kinda miss it since selling my Nexus 4. I have not had the guts to use my Nexus 7 at a NFC terminal lol!

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

That's exactly my situation. Outside of McDonald's and recently Burger King and a drugstore or two that use it, that's about it in my neck of the woods.

A couple months ago I had an amusing encounter. I had the front tires on my minivan replaced at a small local family-owned tire shop. The man at the desk hand-wrote the invoice. While he was getting it ready I saw that his credit card terminal had PayPass. When it was time to pay I tapped my phone, and voila! He couldn't believe that I was able to pay with my phone. I don't think he had any clue what that feature was on his credit card terminal, and possibly he didn't even know it had the feature in the first place!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

That's exactly my situation. Outside of McDonald's and recently Burger King and a drugstore or two that use it, that's about it in my neck of the woods.

A couple months ago I had an amusing encounter. I had the front tires on my minivan replaced at a small local family-owned tire shop. The man at the desk hand-wrote the invoice. While he was getting it ready I saw that his credit card terminal had PayPass. When it was time to pay I tapped my phone, and voila! He couldn't believe that I was able to pay with my phone. I don't think he had any clue what that feature was on his credit card terminal, and possibly he didn't even know it had the feature in the first place!

That right now is the best feature. The "WTF just happened!?!" look on people's faces :)

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I love that look I get from the ladys at mcdonald's when I use it. I actually got a cvs lady off using it lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

That right now is the best feature. The "WTF just happened!?!" look on people's faces :)

I love that look I get from the ladys at mcdonald's when I use it. I actually got a cvs lady off using it lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

McDonald's has had PayPass terminals for a long time, and I'm still surprised at how many employees are awed when it's actually used!

leodagamer

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

I can't use google walket is disabled on my att s4 :( << tears:mad:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
How

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

There was a post on the main blog, I'll see if I can find it. I just was curious if you were using an out of the box touchwiz S4 or the one from the google play store or one modified to be the google play version.

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
quick question on this - if google wallet's using a card, does that purchase count as some sort of google purchase or a regular purchase?

ie, if you buy something at mcdonalds w google wallet, is it a purchase through google wallet or through mcdonalds? the reason i ask is because the card im using has cashback for lets say fast food - and i get 5% back for fast food purchases - then it won't count if it's some sort of "google" purchase but it will if it's a mcdonalds purchase.. sorry this was totally unclear lol

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
quick question on this - if google wallet's using a card, does that purchase count as some sort of google purchase or a regular purchase?

ie, if you buy something at mcdonalds w google wallet, is it a purchase through google wallet or through mcdonalds? the reason i ask is because the card im using has cashback for lets say fast food - and i get 5% back for fast food purchases - then it won't count if it's some sort of "google" purchase but it will if it's a mcdonalds purchase.. sorry this was totally unclear lol

Not so sure but it would probably be through McDonald's.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Since Google runs it through a virtual number to protect your actual CC number, it shows up in my debit card as a Google transaction. Give it a try to see.

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Broke in Google Wallet on my GE S4 today! Had to pick up some stuff at CVS pharmacy and it worked like a charm!

I am on ATT.

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Since Google runs it through a virtual number to protect your actual CC number, it shows up in my debit card as a Google transaction. Give it a try to see.

Broke in Google Wallet on my GE S4 today! Had to pick up some stuff at CVS pharmacy and it worked like a charm!

I am on ATT.

come out as a google purchase?