09-17-2013 09:00 AM
34 12
tools
    Loved it on my Nexus 4 and can't wait to use it on the S4 GPe! Anyone set up and using yet?
    07-11-2013 08:55 PM
    I use it everywhere I can, but not a lot of places up here have NFC readers at point of sale yet.
    07-11-2013 09:12 PM
    I use it everywhere I can, but not a lot of places up here have NFC readers at point of sale yet.
    I am surprised how many we have in DFW. Also Austin is a test market for ISIS and the NFC readers are everywhere and they work for Google Wallet too so maybe when ISIS does roll out we will get to use GW more. Looking forward to trying it once I get the S4 GPe. I kinda miss it since selling my Nexus 4. I have not had the guts to use my Nexus 7 at a NFC terminal lol!
    Aquila likes this.
    07-11-2013 09:20 PM
    That's exactly my situation. Outside of McDonald's and recently Burger King and a drugstore or two that use it, that's about it in my neck of the woods.

A couple months ago I had an amusing encounter. I had the front tires on my minivan replaced at a small local family-owned tire shop. The man at the desk hand-wrote the invoice. While he was getting it ready I saw that his credit card terminal had PayPass. When it was time to pay I tapped my phone, and voila! He couldn't believe that I was able to pay with my phone. I don't think he had any clue what that feature was on his credit card terminal, and possibly he didn't even know it had the feature in the first place!
    Aquila and planoman like this.
    07-11-2013 09:25 PM
    That's exactly my situation. Outside of McDonald's and recently Burger King and a drugstore or two that use it, that's about it in my neck of the woods.

A couple months ago I had an amusing encounter. I had the front tires on my minivan replaced at a small local family-owned tire shop. The man at the desk hand-wrote the invoice. While he was getting it ready I saw that his credit card terminal had PayPass. When it was time to pay I tapped my phone, and voila! He couldn't believe that I was able to pay with my phone. I don't think he had any clue what that feature was on his credit card terminal, and possibly he didn't even know it had the feature in the first place!
    That right now is the best feature. The "WTF just happened!?!" look on people's faces
    planoman, tgp and 21stNow like this.
    07-11-2013 09:28 PM
    I love that look I get from the ladys at mcdonald's when I use it. I actually got a cvs lady off using it lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2
    Aquila and tgp like this.
    07-11-2013 09:36 PM
    That right now is the best feature. The "WTF just happened!?!" look on people's faces
    I love that look I get from the ladys at mcdonald's when I use it. I actually got a cvs lady off using it lol.

McDonald's has had PayPass terminals for a long time, and I'm still surprised at how many employees are awed when it's actually used!
    Aquila likes this.
    07-11-2013 10:00 PM
    I can't use google walket is disabled on my att s4 << tears

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-11-2013 11:23 PM
    I can't use google walket is disabled on my att s4 << tears

Did you flash the GPe firmware and it still doesn't work?
    leodagamer likes this.
    07-11-2013 11:51 PM
    How

07-11-2013 11:54 PM
    How

There was a post on the main blog, I'll see if I can find it. I just was curious if you were using an out of the box touchwiz S4 or the one from the google play store or one modified to be the google play version.
    leodagamer likes this.
    07-12-2013 12:21 AM
    No im using a regular att galaxy s4 no rooted

07-12-2013 12:46 AM
    Finally got my GE S4 yesterday! I activated Google Wallet and will use it today!
    07-25-2013 10:08 AM
    quick question on this - if google wallet's using a card, does that purchase count as some sort of google purchase or a regular purchase?

ie, if you buy something at mcdonalds w google wallet, is it a purchase through google wallet or through mcdonalds? the reason i ask is because the card im using has cashback for lets say fast food - and i get 5% back for fast food purchases - then it won't count if it's some sort of "google" purchase but it will if it's a mcdonalds purchase.. sorry this was totally unclear lol
    07-25-2013 10:21 AM
    Quick question: does Google wallet use the nfc thingy?

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-25-2013 10:24 AM
    quick question on this - if google wallet's using a card, does that purchase count as some sort of google purchase or a regular purchase?

ie, if you buy something at mcdonalds w google wallet, is it a purchase through google wallet or through mcdonalds? the reason i ask is because the card im using has cashback for lets say fast food - and i get 5% back for fast food purchases - then it won't count if it's some sort of "google" purchase but it will if it's a mcdonalds purchase.. sorry this was totally unclear lol
    Not so sure but it would probably be through McDonald's.

07-25-2013 10:26 AM
    Quick question: does Google wallet use the nfc thingy?

Yes, it uses NFC.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-25-2013 11:07 AM

Since Google runs it through a virtual number to protect your actual CC number, it shows up in my debit card as a Google transaction. Give it a try to see.

07-25-2013 11:09 AM
    Broke in Google Wallet on my GE S4 today! Had to pick up some stuff at CVS pharmacy and it worked like a charm!

I am on ATT.

ajl likes this.
    07-25-2013 11:10 AM
    Since Google runs it through a virtual number to protect your actual CC number, it shows up in my debit card as a Google transaction. Give it a try to see.

Broke in Google Wallet on my GE S4 today! Had to pick up some stuff at CVS pharmacy and it worked like a charm!

I am on ATT.

come out as a google purchase?
    07-25-2013 11:16 AM
    come out as a google purchase?
    Yes. It hit my bank as a Google NFC CVS transaction.

Sent from my GT-I9505G
    07-25-2013 08:40 PM
    Attempted to use Google Wallet today for the first time. The transaction wouldn't work at Macy's, but it worked fine at CVS. Same POS station at both stores, and the Macy's machine even had a sign on it advertising contactlless transactions, but it wouldn't work. The salesguy said I was the first person he'd seen try it. CVS went off without a hitch.
    07-27-2013 05:33 PM
    Attempted to use Google Wallet today for the first time. The transaction wouldn't work at Macy's, but it worked fine at CVS. Same POS station at both stores, and the Macy's machine even had a sign on it advertising contactlless transactions, but it wouldn't work. The salesguy said I was the first person he'd seen try it. CVS went off without a hitch.
    I have tried the Google wallet at places that have the terminals but they do not have the functionality turned on. I wonder if that is the case. At least you know but is not your phone since CVS worked!

Just need more places to jump on the NFC bandwagon!

Sent from my GT-I9505G
    Aquila likes this.
    07-27-2013 10:44 PM
    How does it work? Do you go into the google wallet app first? Or just wave the phone over the paypass area? I see it at some stores but I'm always afraid to use it and hold everything up as a I wave my phone around like a dufus.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-27-2013 10:56 PM
    Its easy make sure u have Google wallet on and an updated card online. Make sure nfc is on also. After that just hold it up to the paypass. I've seen plenty posts of people thinking either Google wallet or the terminal isn't working because they wave the phone to fast for the process to complete. Just hold it close not wave it and it should work fine.

Aquila likes this.
    07-27-2013 11:59 PM
34 12