Can't make changes to lock screen?

jsabo

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I can't figure out if this is me being unfamiliar with Android, or if they've pulled the features from the Google edition, but is it not possible to change the lock screen to allow me to unlock directly into the camera, or to display notifications on the screen?

This describes how to add the camera to the lock screen, but it seems Samsung-specific: Three ways to add camera shortcuts to the Galaxy S4 lock screen | Android Central

Similarly, I've seen that adding notifications to the lock screen should be something I can set in the Messaging app (Menu/Settings/Notifications/Preview Message), but "Preview Message" isn't an option for me.

Sasazuka

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
On the lock screen, you can drag down, then swipe left (go to the right screen), you should go directly to the camera.

As for notifications, you can add widgets. I like DashClock as it can give me quite a bit of information on a single screen. It has multiple plugins to add additional functionality.

DashClock

jsabo

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, I solved part of my own question-- I was able to see how to launch to the camera app by swiping the clock to the left, and it looks like I can add other apps on the left/right swipe, but it looks like I need to run an app to get the notifications to appear on the main screen.

fulleraj

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
For lockscreen notifications and such, you may like the DashClock app/widget in the google play store.

Sent from my GS4 Google Edition using Tapatalk.